What's new

ASUS PCE-AC88 WiFi issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Moseph

Occasional Visitor
Hello
I am new to the forum and was hoping for some help, I tried the search function but couldn't find the same issue.

I have an ASUS PCE-AC88 WiFi card for around 5 months now and only started having issues about 1 month ago. It was working perfectly previously, always having a solid 5ghz signal.

The adapter will more or less shutdown and I have to run the troubleshooter to 'reset' it . Furthermore sometimes this does not work; the status will still say the PC is connected but is having problems with the connection and will not display any network available to connect to I am also not able to use the windows 10 search bar and some of the computer settings windows.
The WiFi icon will grey out.
Device manager will crash sometimes when I try to disable it and re enable it and the only way to get the WiFi working in this case is to restart the PC.

There is no constant to the intervals between shutdowns, sometimes it will happen 5-30 mins after a reset sometimes it will go 8 hours or 4 days then reoccur regardless if it is under heavy load or not.

Things I have tried:
  1. Replacing the card
  2. Changing the PCI slot
  3. Re installing drivers
I have attached a video of this which would help make things clearer, along with some photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SKMXL47TRRhtHwfVA

Thanks a lot for your help!

No but I had the exact same problem and the way he worded it i found quite good so I used it.
I asked the person how he fixed it from that forum but didnt get a response.

Oh and I also called ASUS support and to say they were useless is an understatement!

you can try to use the Version 2.8.0.5 driver, I remember that's the temp solution that I came up with.

the best bet is to go through RMA and get a replacement, that's what I did.

I believe he already replaced the card once. :oops:
only did a quick glance and I somehow thought he meant re-seat the card
anyway, he can still try the other solution first and see he wanna go RMA again.
he can also grab a wifi 6 card adapter now and those are not a bad choices.

@Moseph, network adaptors for desktop PC's are for the birds. Return, sell it, or give it away to your annoying uncle. :)

Use a router in Media Bridge mode and just surf. :)

(Haven't we had this discussion already)?

you can try to use the Version 2.8.0.5 driver, I remember that's the temp solution that I came up with.

the best bet is to go through RMA and get a replacement, that's what I did.

Thanks I will give that a go. I'm using 2.8.0.7 at the moment

Didn’t work! really frustrating this is, replaced for an ax200 fenvi one from eBay which doesn’t disconnect but the signal is nowhere near as good.

I used to get 200mbs internet speed with the ASUS but with the fenvi ax200 it’s max 100.

Last edited:
Didn’t work! really frustrating this is, replaced for an ax200 fenvi one from eBay which doesn’t disconnect but the signal is nowhere near as good.

I used to get 200mbs internet speed with the ASUS but with the fenvi ax200 it’s max 100.
that's unfortunate.
no experience with fenvi ax200, but I think it's also using Intel ax200 chipset?
I am able to get full speed out with it (w/ rt-ax88 though)
have you tried to install the latest driver from intel?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!