What's new

Asus rog 3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I know that this is not a phone forum but I am hoping that someone out there has some experience with the ROG 3 . I will be trading up from a ZenFone 5 z and wondering if it's worth the upgrade

I would save your dollars for a better brand of phone. All the ASUS phones in the UK have apparently been dropped and people are getting really p!ssed off trying to get support for phones they already own.

I had the ZenFone 2 and that was dropped by ASUS within 2 months of purchase, and support was unavailable.

I wouldn't buy any ASUS phone or peripheral products going on past experience.

I would save your dollars for a better brand of phone. All the ASUS phones in the UK have apparently been dropped and people are getting really p!ssed off trying to get support for phones they already own.

I had the ZenFone 2 and that was dropped by ASUS within 2 months of purchase, and support was unavailable.

I wouldn't buy any ASUS phone or peripheral products going on past experience.
Ok thanks for that. I don't actually buy new phones,as a rule, I can't really afford them, so talking about support for them has never been high on my list of reasons to buy,or not to buy a phone but I suppose if I'm going to spend a Grand au on a phone I better consider it. I understand your concerns but I really like the zenfone 5 z and thought the rog 3 would be similar but faster,12 g as aposed to 6 g. and all You have given me food for thought though and for that I thank you. $1000 is a lot for a phone so yes I would be pissed off if I ran into a problem and then a brick wall when reaching out to Asus for help

Ok thanks for that. I don't actually buy new phones,as a rule, I can't really afford them, so talking about support for them has never been high on my list of reasons to buy,or not to buy a phone but I suppose if I'm going to spend a Grand au on a phone I better consider it. I understand your concerns but I really like the zenfone 5 z and thought the rog 3 would be similar but faster,12 g as aposed to 6 g. and all You have given me food for thought though and for that I thank you. $1000 is a lot for a phone so yes I would be pissed off if I ran into a problem and then a brick wall when reaching out to Asus for help
PS any suggestions on a phone would be muchly appreciated budget between$900 and $1000 AUD and all I really want out of it is speed so 12 gb would be great 16 would be over the top

PS any suggestions on a phone would be muchly appreciated budget between$900 and $1000 AUD and all I really want out of it is speed so 12 gb would be great 16 would be over the top

The new Samsung S20 FE seemed an interesting product. It had many of the bells and whistles of their higher end, overpriced models, but at a more reasonable price.

Pixel phones are still very solid products, with 2 or 3 years of guaranteed support.

The new Samsung S20 FE seemed an interesting product. It had many of the bells and whistles of their higher end, overpriced models, but at a more reasonable price.

Pixel phones are still very solid products, with 2 or 3 years of guaranteed support.
thanks Eric I don't like Samsung phones because you can't miracast while using a Vpn app ,or at least that's been my experience. I had a galaxy 9 and it would Miracast ok but not when using the express Vpn app . I don't know if the problem lay with the app or the phone itself. The pixel was my next choice but I ended up buying the rog 3 . It hasn't been delivered yet so i don't have an opinion yet but it sounds like a beast of a phone and to tell the truth I love the zenfone 5 z so I am optimistic. If I don't like it I'll just put it on eBay and go with the pixel as I got a great price on the ROG

If US politics hadn't screwed things up with Huawei, I would have suggested looking at the P40. I use a Huawei P30 myself, and it's the best smartphone I have owned so far (it's only issue is the lack of notification LED, which I had grown used to over the years). But without Google Apps, it makes the P40 pretty much dead in the water.

If US politics hadn't screwed things up with Huawei, I would have suggested looking at the P40. I use a Huawei P30 myself, and it's the best smartphone I have owned so far (it's only issue is the lack of notification LED, which I had grown used to over the years). But without Google Apps, it makes the P40 pretty much dead in the water.
I wish I had of asked you before buying this phone. Don't get me wrong it's a beast of a phone in fact it's the fastest phone I've ever had but because I stupidly didn't do my research before buying it and as I got the Tencent CN version flashed with the global rom it will never get OTA updates and I can't even manually update it. When I try to manually update it it downloads the update and after a restart the update notification comes up but when I tap on it it simply says,, update failed, so I think it is either faulty.or the guys who flashed it with the global version stuffed it up . Anyhow I have I have decided not to take any chances and bought a pixel 5 from the Google store. So st least the pixel 5 comes with a 3 year warranty and starts on Android 11. I can't sell this one and live with my carma so I will get the replacement and put it on eBay without breaking the seal so the buyer will either get a trouble free phone or be able to get it replaced, again,from Kogan. Thanks for your advice and help Eric I really appreciate it kindest regards Robert ieraci ( Roy) PS I'll keep you posted on the New phone if you like

N