What's new

Beta ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Firmware Version 9.0.0.6.102_3506

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.3506

Version 9.0.0.6.102.3506 Beta Version
57.57 MB
Be noted: This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

New Features:
1. Add Guest Network Pro:
• Kids WiFi: Create a network for kids that blocks access to adult content and has a schedule to control when the network is available.
• VPN WiFi: Create a VPN network that connects to 3rd party VPN services or with ASUS site to site VPN(https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048281/) to encrypts your internet connection and hides your IP address to protect your online activities from being tracked or monitored.
• IoT WiFi : Create an IoT (Internet of Things) network that blocks malicious traffic* and only allows 2.4GHz devices to connect.
• Guest WiFi: Create a guest network with a WiFi schedule and access rights to control when and how guests can use the network.
2. Add VLAN in LAN settings.
3. Add Auto USB WAN backup, while primary WAN is down, plug USB phone/dongle will auto enable backup internet, no setup is required.
4. Add iPhone USB tethering. (Please make sure hotspot on iPhone is enabled).
5. Add Multi-services WAN, create multiple profiles on a single WAN interface.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 3ee043c5fc048dfb8cf979073439a1d0

Today was a new beta released:
9.0.0.6.102_3506

shown in Web UI with Beta Check enabled

changelog cannot be loaded yet.

Have not upgraded yet.
I am glad you created a Thread for the AX6000, hope to get some feedback on issues if any occur. I doubt i will try the Beta, but feedback is greatly appreciated on the new Features that will be coming in an Official Firmware.

Any takers yet on upgrading to the Beta? I am a dumb dumb when it comes to networking, but i am Curious on what the VPN Wireless? I use a VPN already, seems to work with my current devices connected wirelessly.

Any takers yet on upgrading to the Beta? I am a dumb dumb when it comes to networking, but i am Curious on what the VPN Wireless? I use a VPN already, seems to work with my current devices connected wirelessly.
You might not always want to use a vpn due to several reasons (bandwidth limitations, geolocation issues, vpn external being blocked, etc)

By having a network dedicated to a vpn usage you can simply connect the device you want to that network. For example have only your tv connected to a vpn in country with more content on Netflix.

Or for example you want a network to connect directly into another lan (at your parents house and such). This can all be done manually for the most part but not always possible (tvs don't have vpn clients and you might not want your entire network behind a vpn).

This is simply another tool that might be handy in many cases.

I tried it, lasted 5 minutes. Did a Factory reset uploaded the Beta...Laggy as hell between the UI, had to refresh to get to open. No internet connection, restarted still laggy and no internet. Re-uploaded the last Original Firmware 3.88..still no internet, did another Factory reset, still crap, after several restarts it's back to running where it was before the Beta.

I have to say that this has been one hell of an upgrade for me so far. Everything working exactly as I like it with no problems after a few hours of running NextDNS, Dual-WAN, IoT and Kids networks, DDNS as well as VPN Wireguard Client. Very early days still but an extremely promising firmware upgrade so far. Worth mentioning that I have done all the resets before and after upgrading to this version in case that makes a difference.

Yes, first flash the firmware you want to use/test, then perform a full reset (and then, do not import a saved backup config file either; rather, do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP).

I tried it, lasted 5 minutes. Did a Factory reset uploaded the Beta...Laggy as hell between the UI, had to refresh to get to open. No internet connection, restarted still laggy and no internet. Re-uploaded the last Original Firmware 3.88..still no internet, did another Factory reset, still crap, after several restarts it's back to running where it was before the Beta.

Did you do the factory reset before or after flashing the Beta? The important reset is after the Beta, not before. Then manually re-entering your settings.

Here's how Asus says to do a full factory reset for the GT-AX6000:

Well, it was just too tempting for me, to get a look at the new firmware. Flashed it and did a full reset afterwards. The only things I've noticed so far are:
1. The "Professional" wireless settings don't work for me. I can change settings, but when I click on "Apply", nothing happens.
2. The GT-AX6000 clients that are connected to my garage repeater don't show up in the GT-AX6000 client list. That's also the case with the latest Asus 388 family firmware, 22068. These used to be listed in previous firmware versions. Still are listed as clients in RMerlin 388.1.

Note that I also rebooted the router after configuring, and checked the "Professional" wireless settings again. Again, nothing happens when I click on "Apply". Haven't reported the above to Asus yet, I'll get there *smile*.

Last edited:
They have broken the ability to have two MAC addresses (one via Private WiFi Address under iOS), so that 2.4 and 5 GHz appear as seperate devices.

The original 3.0.0.4.388.2xxx firmware supported this.

I certainly won’t be buying any of their tri or quad-band products.

EDIT:

I have to retract the above statement. This behaviour was due to iPadOS 16.3 beta. I tried it with an iPad on 16.2 and the behaviour was as expected.

A good sign.

Last edited:
I can confirm that iOS / iPadOS 16.3 beta 2 has resolved the issue with Private WiFi addresses.

You were not able to have Private MAC turned on for one frequency (say 2.4 Ghz) and off for another, eg. 5 GHz - on the initial beta.

16.3 beta 2 has restored the previous behaviour - which is great for me. I run 4 tunnels 24x7 - had to do it across two routers, but from a user’s perspective - it just works.

Very family friendly.

I just tried to install this beta. I noticed that native IPv6 does not work, does anyone else experience the same problem?

I've been fooling around a bit with the settings, and I've found that the button to save changes to settings in the Wireless Professional tab is not working.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!