What's new

Beta ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.3506

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
Be noted: This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.3506
Version 9.0.0.6.102.3506 Beta Version (56.68 MB)

New Features:
1. Add Guest Network Pro:
• Kids WiFi: Create a network for kids that blocks access to adult content and has a schedule to control when the network is available.
• VPN WiFi: Create a VPN network that connects to 3rd party VPN services or with ASUS site to site VPN(https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048281/) to encrypts your internet connection and hides your IP address to protect your online activities from being tracked or monitored.
• IoT WiFi : Create an IoT (Internet of Things) network that blocks malicious traffic* and only allows 2.4GHz devices to connect.
• Guest WiFi: Create a guest network with a WiFi schedule and access rights to control when and how guests can use the network.
2. Add VLAN in LAN settings.
3. Add Auto USB WAN backup, while primary WAN is down, plug USB phone/dongle will auto enable backup internet, no setup is required.
4. Add iPhone USB tethering. (Please make sure hotspot on iPhone is enabled).
5. Add Multi-services WAN, create multiple profiles on a single WAN interface.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 199f32379f282a487d51cfb6497f4728
DOWNLOAD

Not intending to steal thread, BUT it's nice to see some of the "pro" features on a non-pro router, and I now have hope that my GT-AX6000 might also get these enhancements.
I am quite optimistic. Maybe because I also own a GT-AX6000 :D

I was afraid to not get the 388 branch firmware because it took some time to arrive while a lot of older or newer ones already received. But then it arrived and also got a patch already.

the hardware platform, performance and time since release is comparable so I think it will arrive in some time on the GT-AX6000

I just tried this beta, and I had to revert back the same day.

With a dirty flash I had an "extra" guest network - shown on a wifi client but not visible anywhere in the UI. Factory reset removed it.

I have an RT-AX68 as an AiMesh node - this beta said it could not propagate the guest network to the AX68. I guess that is somewhat expected.

My WAN ping also seemed a little higher but I did not dig into that much.

System log showed the romast daemon crashing and restarting.

The new guest network UI looked great but I couldnt stick with it.

I have an RT-AX88U as an AiMesh node, keep disconnecting...
Even I tried the latest beta version the same issue.

1673471152548.png

There's a bug in this version where setting WPS to on for 2.4GHz also turns it on for 5GHz-1. Normally I have this off but the latest apple 6E devices won't detect 6GHz unless WPS is on.
What's odd is why does having WPS on for 2.4 and 5-1 affect whether 6 is detected? The ssids aren't even the same!
Unless WPS for 6GHz is also turned on but my wifi scanner can't pickup the flag.

No release version for this model yet?

I use the 3.0.0.6.102 branch on other routers and I’m very happy with it.

Not yet.

Looks like this will go RT-AX89X way. Great product but ultimately ignored to focus more on High End BE (Wifi7) models.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!