What's new

ASUS Router app for iOS not detecting GT-AX6000 router it is connected to

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KotY97

New Around Here
I've installed the ASUS Router app (1.0.0.8.49) on my Apple iPhone (17.3.1) which is not detecting my existing configured GT-AX6000 router (3.0.0.6.102_21514)

The router is competely configured with all my 20+ home devices (including my iPhone) successfully connected to an existing 5GHz SSID.

It appears the app will only accept connection to a factory new installed router via a default startup SSID, and not detecting an existing configured router? Or am I doing something wrong?

I've rebooted the router, reinstalled the app, accepted the legal/age prompts, and allowed the app to discover LAN devices, but when selecting "Manage a connected router" the app continues to prompt me to "Connect to your ASUS router's SSID" (the default startup SSID no longer exists since adding the SSID's that I'm currently connected to?!):

IMG_1366.PNG
IMG_1367.PNG
IMG_1368.PNG

With your 102 firmware try Asus ExpertWiFi app.

With your 102 firmware try Asus ExpertWiFi app.
Thanks for the suggestion, but appears identical result using ExpertWiFi app:
IMG_1374.PNG
IMG_1375.PNG
IMG_1376.PNG
IMG_1377.PNG

Does anyone know what SHOULD happen after selecting "Manage"?...I'll assume this to be a bug unless anyone can advise otherwise?

The App asks for permission to search the local network for compatible devices first. Allow it and restart the App. Then Manage shows compatible router found, you have to enter user and password to connect. Then few agreements and questions about remote access follow. This is how Asus App works, perhaps Asus ExpertWiFi is similar.

Folks with GT-AX6000 will tell you what works for 102 firmware and how. This router is popular around model. You always have the Web GUI available as well. For this model router it has to be on 192.168.50.1 IP address. Many users find it easier to use. It also offers more configuration options not available in Asus App. Good luck!

The App asks for permission to search the local network for compatible devices first. Allow it and restart the App. Then Manage shows compatible router found, you have to enter user and password to connect. Then few agreements and questions about remote access follow. This is how Asus App works, perhaps Asus ExpertWiFi is similar.

Folks with GT-AX6000 will tell you what works for 102 firmware and how. This router is popular around model. You always have the Web GUI available as well. For this model router it has to be on 192.168.50.1 IP address. Many users find it easier to use. It also offers more configuration options not available in Asus App. Good luck!

Thanks, and yes the router is managed via desktop GUI without issue (10 clients on home WLAN, 50+ IoT clients on GuestPro).

I’ve tried installing both the ASUS Router app and ExpertWiFi app on another iPhone and an iPad (both on home WLAN) with same issue…router is not being detected. There must be a router config setting causing this. I’m wondering if it requires a specific DNS config to work as right now I’m using a suggested default override.

If you need the App for remote access to router's settings - not a good idea. Better use VPN server and access the Web GUI. This is the better way.

If you need the App for remote access to router's settings - not a good idea. Better use VPN server and access the Web GUI. This is the better way.
Thanks, router is managed locally only, not remote. Remote management is disabled.

You don't really need the App then. As you see most folks around don't use it and don't have experience with it.

Most likely they obtain (some kind of) knowledge of your wireless router interaction via the app, which does not happen via the LAN web gui. Maybe it's "acceptable" info, but who can say? Fetching apps from Google's Play Store, or Apple's version of the same mechanism, is fraught with peril, even if you've "got nothing to hide." You're welcome.

App control is actually the preferred method for many users. Web UI is more like old school for home products. Everyone has a phone, but not everyone has a computer. Web UI doesn't look good on small screens and it's not easy to navigate. Asus App in particular has some quick access features harder to do in Web UI. One example is per device DNS filtering. It also has new device connected notification and some users may want it. It's made for convenience and provides device control choices.