What's new

Asus Router RT-AC88U VPNStable (all): 380.65 -- Error; check configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rt2016

Regular Contributor
Hi Guys,

I decided yesterday evening to upgrade my Asus router to AsusWrt Merlin (versionStable (all): 380.65).
The upgrade worked like a charm no hickup at all!

This morning I checked the VPN setup and find out that I can't activate VPN; error message

Warning: any unsaved change will be lost.
Error - check configuration!

Haven't had any problem so far with the former version 380.64_2, I use OpenVPN for the VPN setup and can see in the change log that the have been done significant changes.

Please have a look in attached log-file.

Right now I need some input, what I can do.

best regards
rt2016

Attachments

• AsusLog1.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
If I update with that new release will I have issues with my 87U?

There's a problem specific to the RT-AC87U and wifi configuration in 380.65, and I haven't been able to track the source.

There's a problem specific to the RT-AC87U and wifi configuration in 380.65, and I haven't been able to track the source.

And the problem is....

And the problem is....

Sometimes when making wifi settings changes an error message appears about the router being unable to determine the region. I don't know anything more than that.

Sometimes when making wifi settings changes an error message appears about the router being unable to determine the region. I don't know anything more than that.
thats not a big issue. I dont make changes regularly. If it doesnt drop connection and its stable I think I will update.

thats not a big issue. I dont make changes regularly. If it doesnt drop connection and its stable I think I will update.

The wifi driver for the RT-AC87U wasn't changed, so stability should be the same as with 380.64.