What's new

Asus routers: Bluetooth and Dexcom Continous Glucose Monitoring System

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Deldarius

Regular Contributor
My wife has a Dexcom CGMS and Omnipod Insulin pumps for her Diabetes. The Dexcom receiver has recently been losing it's Bluetooth connection to the the Dexcom sensor. The sensor itself is still doing it's job, but it is the receiver which is what tells her what her glucose levels are.

Now there is an app available to control it, but phones under load tend to shut down the app due to insufficient resources. Plus, her phone is not a supported model.

We live in a four tenet building that is like 80+ years old and I can pick up 5-20+ networks on wifi at any given time, so I know the 2.4ghz can get really choked out. I have an RT-AC86U for a router.

So I guess my question is, could I possibly use a Bluetooth hub to boost the range/signal in our apartment? That would enable her to have the Dexcom receiver not glued to her hip at all times to maintain the connection.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Not really an answer to your question, but on your router at Wireless > Professional > 2.4GHz there's a setting for Bluetooth Coexistence. Maybe enabling that might help a bit.

Not really an answer to your question, but on your router at Wireless > Professional > 2.4GHz there's a setting for Bluetooth Coexistence. Maybe enabling that might help a bit.
Thank you for the reply Colin.

The Bluetooth Coexistence setting I have had enabled since I got the router a year ago.

I am going to reach out to Dexcom themselves and see what they say.

It is a universal problem, Bluetooth 2 only covers 33 feet between devices, Bluetooth 4 is supposed to have been extended to 100 feet but walls and local interference will affect that.

I use an BT enabled Omron blood pressure device , I find that I often have to pair the unit to the Android phone again as it just looses the connection.

Your router will have nothing to do with the issue.

MSN has a list of BT hubs/boosters don't know if any would help :

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/rf-buying-guides/best-bluetooth-range-extenders-reviews

My wife has the Dexcom G6. She's only been using it for a few months and has already had the receiver replaced once as it wouldn't stay connected. Have read Dexcom has issues with their receivers and getting them replaced is fairly common.

sam

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!