What's new

Asus RT 68U aimesh home network help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pocketpairs

New Around Here
Hey Everyone,

Need some help trying to figure out what could be wrong with my home WiFi.

Currently have 2x Asus RT AC 68U connected via ethernet and set us as Aimesh.

Connection is HFC and I have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz being broadcasted.

Everything works fine, thing is my roommate's computer for some reason has trouble maintaining a consistent ping when gaming specifically League, however it does affect other apps such as Discord. The confusing thing is that it only happens to his pc and no other device. There is a possibility that it is due to his graphics card, he recently upgraded to AMD 5600x and the issue seems to have started the around the same time, not sure if this can affect ping and network reliability.

The other thing is that usually the issue is resolved by restarting the router however this is only a temporary solution as over time his pc will start lagging again.

Hes tried changing the network adapter he uses but the issue is still present.

Anyone experience this issue before or is able to tell me how I should go about troubleshooting the problem?

Hey Everyone,

Need some help trying to figure out what could be wrong with my home WiFi.

Currently have 2x Asus RT AC 68U connected via ethernet and set us as Aimesh.

Connection is HFC and I have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz being broadcasted.

Everything works fine, thing is my roommate's computer for some reason has trouble maintaining a consistent ping when gaming specifically League, however it does affect other apps such as Discord. The confusing thing is that it only happens to his pc and no other device. There is a possibility that it is due to his graphics card, he recently upgraded to AMD 5600x and the issue seems to have started the around the same time, not sure if this can affect ping and network reliability.

The other thing is that usually the issue is resolved by restarting the router however this is only a temporary solution as over time his pc will start lagging again.

Hes tried changing the network adapter he uses but the issue is still present.

Anyone experience this issue before or is able to tell me how I should go about troubleshooting the problem?

If it's just one device and you've already swapped out the network card, it may be a Windows 10 setting. On some PCs, League of Legends doesn't play well with IPv6. If you're using IPv6, try disabling it on the PC. (Network Setting/Change Adapter Options/Properties/Internet Protocol Version 6 (untick)).