What's new

Asus RT-86U - all devices lose Internet connectivity, but the router doesn't?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DeltaHF

New Around Here
Every 2-3 weeks, all the devices on my network lose WAN/Internet connectivity, but the router itself does not.

I can sign in to the router and ping/trace any server or address on the internet like normal. All of the devices on my LAN, both on Wifi and Ethernet, can see and ping each other, but none can reach out to the internet. The disconnect happens suddenly and has occurred to me while I'm doing normal internet usage (web browsing, apps, etc.).

My network consists of two Asus RT-86Us connected via AiMesh with stock firmware (3.0.0.4.386_40451). It seems this issue started around the time I set up the AiMesh network, but I can't be sure (and again, all devices — even those hardwired directly to the device acting as the router, are unable to access the internet).

I'm not sure how I can further troubleshoot this. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Every 2-3 weeks, all the devices on my network lose WAN/Internet connectivity, but the router itself does not.

I can sign in to the router and ping/trace any server or address on the internet like normal. All of the devices on my LAN, both on Wifi and Ethernet, can see and ping each other, but none can reach out to the internet. The disconnect happens suddenly and has occurred to me while I'm doing normal internet usage (web browsing, apps, etc.).

My network consists of two Asus RT-86Us connected via AiMesh with stock firmware (3.0.0.4.386_40451). It seems this issue started around the time I set up the AiMesh network, but I can't be sure (and again, all devices — even those hardwired directly to the device acting as the router, are unable to access the internet).

I'm not sure how I can further troubleshoot this. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

When my 2018 China AC86U failed, it was preceded by intermittent failure to resolved websites/URLs.

You could swap your two AC86Us around. Maybe failing hardware will be moved to the remote node location and your Internet browsing will improve.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!