What's new

Asus RT-AC3100 Firmware Release. 20287

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

Version 3.0.0.4.384.202872018/01/2645.67 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC3100 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20287
Security fixed
- Fixed Smart Sync Stored XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks fo Guy Arazi's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-based buffer overflow

Bug fixed
- Fixed CTF related issues.
- Fixed client icon modification issue when client name includes special characters.
- Fixed error for new firmware available notification.
- Fixed AiMesh node shows offline in the GUI even it still connect to AiMesh router.
- Fixed PPTP VPN server connection error.
- Fixed AiClond login issue when using Chrome.
- Fixed AiMesh node survey issues.
- Fixed QIS GUI issues.
- Fixed network map system status MAC address bug when enabled the smart connect.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AC3100/HelpDesk_Download/

Here is an issue after the upgrade:

Every time when I select "administration" -> firmware upgrade, it prompts "Firmware is upgrading....". However, after the progress bar goes to the end, the router does not get rebooted. The interface backs to "network map", which is the default page of the firmware.

Last edited:
When I enable Bonding/ Link aggregation, the router will not allow any device internet access. It shows a DHCP assigned IP from the ISP, but it doesn't allow any device access. Does anyone else have this problem?

Everything has been working great so far. I really wish they have an option to show device names instead of MAC addresses. Having Traffic Analyzer per IP address would be nice as well.

Everything has been working great so far. I really wish they have an option to show device names instead of MAC addresses. Having Traffic Analyzer per IP address would be nice as well.

Have you tried to enable "Bonding/ Link aggregation" and see if all your devices lose internet access?

My router CPU Core #2 is showing 100% usage. Anyone has the issue?
Yes. I have the RT-AC88U. My 100% CPU usage was happening more on Core 1, but I have also seen it on Core 2. It seems to be an issue for some people happening on the newer 382 series and all 384 firmwares for the RT-AC3100 / 88U. For me, it happens when a change is made in the router settings that causes the 2.4 GHz radio to restart. It can be resolved by pulling the power plug for a few seconds, then plugging it back in to power cycle the router.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/100-cpu-usage-on-core-1-of-ac88u.41972/
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/strange-issue-with-rt-ac88u-after-firmware-flash.44108/

Last edited:
It allows LAN ports 1 and 2 to work together with another device capable of link aggregation (like a NAS or a PC with bonded LAN ports) to transfer more data at once.

Ok thanks! I don't use that features. Everything else is pretty smooth

This has to be the most stable firmware version for AC3100. Some of my devices was used to have trouble discovering/disconnecting from 5GHz network but not anymore. Kudos to Asus!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!