What's new

Asus RT-AC3100 : No routing on Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

llooping

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I don't know if it's the right section but I have an issue :
A device connected on 5Ghz wifi cannot broadcast and find a device connected on 2.4Ghz.

For exemple, my Google devices are connected on 2.4Ghz, in Google home you can see it but impossible to manage, if I stop 5Ghz and my cell force to connect 2.4Ghz, no pb.

Another one, I have an application for my TV, if my cell is on 5Ghz and my TV on the 2.4Ghz, impossible to connect. I stop the 5Ghz and force my cell to connect to 2.4Ghz, the App find my TV.

I don't have this issue if my target device is plug on the RJ45.

I have the Merlin 384.19.

Thanks for your help

Well I don't have an answer for this issue, I can say that I have also witnessed this issue a few times. Most notable times have been with my phone on 5GHz and my Hue Sync box or home theater receiver on 2.4GHz, the apps on the phone cannot connect to those devices but can connect with wired devices on the network (ruling out phone-side connectivity). Upon switching my phone to 2.4GHz, those apps find the devices quickly and without issue. I've always believed this to be something related to AiMesh, perhaps being on different nodes or the same node but different bands causes a weird issue. You don't mention AiMesh though, do you use it?
As this has never been more than a very minor inconvenience, I've never looked far into it. Might try debugging further the next time it occurs.

Yes i confirm I don't have AiMesh, only 1 router RT-AC3100 alone.

From you said, you have the same issue indeed.

Maybe somebody can find where is the issue ?

BR

Yes I did it and I do each time I have to update, I saw something about that once and now I do after each update

Then if the second link doesn't get your router stable again and you are truly not 'blindly' re-creating old settings and options, then the router hardware may be faulty.

What ? My router works very well except this issue with the broadcast between 2.4 Hz and 5 Hz, I'm pretty sure it's about a function ou a miss about the firmware

As far as I can tell, your router is not in a good/known state right now. I don't know anyone else with the issue you're describing.

The link noted will attempt to get your router to a good/known state and allow it to use the defaults the firmware is expecting. If it is performed as explained, and the router is still 'buggy', a hardware issue is indicated.

Many who have done those steps either verified that their router was too far gone, or, they brought their router back to good operation again. What do you have to lose? :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!