What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 and Bell Fibe Gigabit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hobbsanddog

New Around Here
Hi, I'm connecting an ASUS RT-AC5300 via Cat5E to a Bell HomeHub 4000 modem. I know the Asus router WAN port is 1gb speed compatible, however when I test the router speed, I'm only able to pull in 93mbps as download speed. I have an AppleTV, and my son's gaming computer both connected directly to the modem in the same fashion and both devices are able to get speeds of about 960mbps respectively.

Is there any particular reason I've got a reduced speed on the Asus router? Any suggestions with regards to where I should start troubleshooting?

The ASUS router is up to date with the latest firmware. It's recently been reset to factory and running a PPPoE connection to the Bell Modem.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Is there any particular reason I've got a reduced speed on the Asus router? Any suggestions with regards to where I should start troubleshooting?
Faulty Ethernet cable? Swap the cable with another known good one.

It's recently been reset to factory and running a PPPoE connection to the Bell Modem.
I'm assuming that the HomeHub is configured as a wireless router rather than just a modem. In which case why are you using PPPoE on the Asus? Surely you should be using "Automatic IP".

Last edited:
And is your AC5300 in accespoint mode and not functioning as a second router?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!