What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20648

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RandomName23,

Just some additional data points
  • The successful connection in the previous post, is connected via a Wifi hotspot device through one of my telco's Cellular SIM card (Starhub)
  • I also got Connection Failed like you, when I tried using my cellular connection on my iPhone using a different telco's SIM card (M1)
Hope that give you some clue to resolve your issue :)

Again ac68u showing offline yet 2 clients still connected to it and still working
5300.jpg

Hi,

I normally like to do "Factory Reset" with each new Firmware update on my Router. So, I know that I am starting from a clean state, it often helps me avoid issue(s) that others might have faced without doing Factory Reset. However, understandably the manual effort to reconfigure from scratch each time requires quite a bit of time and effort if you have a fair bit of NVRAM settings.

The following is what I have found as I gleaned through older forum discussions to simplify the process, hope that it is useful to others who are not yet aware of such a utility.

Basically I am thankful for John’s “user-nvram-save-restore-utility 26.2” can be found here (Note that this has not been updated to save all new AiMesh related settings):
If you read the QuickStart.txt file, you will find that there is a “save-mynvram.sh”, which is a small script that can save/restore a small number of user specified nvram settings. Read also instructions to format Thumbdrive and setup SSH.

Before I do factory reset on my router (where I already has SSH setup), The following command save only selected settings (such as DHCP, PortForwarding and WakeOnLAN related settings):
  • ./save-mynvram.sh dhcp_static_x dhcp_staticlist custom_clientlist vts_enable_x vts_rulelist lan_stp wollist
After factory reset on my router, I basically setup SSH on Router and to restore only selected saved settings I run the following command:
  • ./restore-mynvram.sh
  • nvram commit && reboot
The Script will tell me that the following has been restored:
  • * Restoring dhcp_static_x
  • * Restoring dhcp_staticlist
  • * Restoring custom_clientlist
  • * Restoring vts_enable_x
  • * Restoring vts_rulelist
  • * Restoring lan_stp
  • * Restoring wollist
PS: I did some experiments to validate that the NVRAM settings are relevant to me. I also do other things like restoring customized icons I used for all my devices, etc.

So, "Factory Reset" is not so painful for me now :)

Hi,

I normally like to do "Factory Reset" with each new Firmware update on my Router. So, I know that I am starting from a clean state, it often helps me avoid issue(s) that others might have faced without doing Factory Reset. However, understandably the manual effort to reconfigure from scratch each time requires quite a bit of time and effort if you have a fair bit of NVRAM settings.

The following is what I have found as I gleaned through older forum discussions to simplify the process, hope that it is useful to others who are not yet aware of such a utility.

Basically I am thankful for John’s “user-nvram-save-restore-utility 26.2” can be found here (Note that this has not been updated to save all new AiMesh related settings):
If you read the QuickStart.txt file, you will find that there is a “save-mynvram.sh”, which is a small script that can save/restore a small number of user specified nvram settings. Read also instructions to format Thumbdrive and setup SSH.

Before I do factory reset on my router (where I already has SSH setup), The following command save only selected settings (such as DHCP, PortForwarding and WakeOnLAN related settings):
  • ./save-mynvram.sh dhcp_static_x dhcp_staticlist custom_clientlist vts_enable_x vts_rulelist lan_stp wollist
After factory reset on my router, I basically setup SSH on Router and to restore only selected saved settings I run the following command:
  • ./restore-mynvram.sh
  • nvram commit && reboot
The Script will tell me that the following has been restored:
  • * Restoring dhcp_static_x
  • * Restoring dhcp_staticlist
  • * Restoring custom_clientlist
  • * Restoring vts_enable_x
  • * Restoring vts_rulelist
  • * Restoring lan_stp
  • * Restoring wollist
PS: I did some experiments to validate that the NVRAM settings are relevant to me. I also do other things like restoring customized icons I used for all my devices, etc.

So, "Factory Reset" is not so painful for me now :)
I also use NVRAM to restore custom client list, static dhcp, and vts rule list. Pretty much everything else can be configured via the UI in about 5 minutes so not a big deal. Usually with small point releases I wouldn’t do a reset but clearly even with small releases it can be needed so I also will just start doing it every time.

all was "Factory Reset" .. btw..
new day new bug...
my Wifi printer and node sowing same IPView attachment 12745

Hi Monaro-ds,

Interesting: Out of curiosity how did you assign IP address for your Brother Printer and AiMesh Nodes?

Suggestion: Maybe powering down your printer, wait a couple of minutes and power up again it should forget the Old IP Address and pick up a new IP Address from DHCP if your Printer was setup to pick up IP Address from DHCP and not static - defined at your printer.

For me I used DHCP on my AiMesh Router
  • to manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list for all my known devices at home (especially NAS, Printers and AiMesh Nodes)
  • and keep the IP Pool address range to not include those in the manually assigned list above, for unknown devices (such as mobile phones of friends visiting me)
Hope you have this issue resolve soon.

i don't assign IP address :) all on auto .. if it really
was same IP i don't think 2 clients on node would work​
after restart of main router printer now 117 node still on 114

Last edited:
i don't assign IP address :) all on auto .. if it really
was same IP i don't think 2 clients on node would work​
after restart of main router printer now 117 node still on 114
Glad to see problem solved :)

Everyone;

I am having a problem with this firmware. I have been using AIMESH for a while with two 5300 (upstairs and downstairs) connected via hardware.

With the latest firmware upgrade, the AIMESH Router cannot find the AIMESH node. I have Factory Reset both devices, made sure the firmware level is the same, and still the AIMESH Router can't see the Node. I even brought the node to be within 2 feet of the router and still no dice.

Any suggestions? I have backed the node back down to just be an AP, but this isn't what I am looking for :)

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jay

Everyone;

I am having a problem with this firmware. I have been using AIMESH for a while with two 5300 (upstairs and downstairs) connected via hardware.

With the latest firmware upgrade, the AIMESH Router cannot find the AIMESH node. I have Factory Reset both devices, made sure the firmware level is the same, and still the AIMESH Router can't see the Node. I even brought the node to be within 2 feet of the router and still no dice.

Any suggestions? I have backed the node back down to just be an AP, but this isn't what I am looking for :)

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jay

Back to use 384.28379...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!