What's new

Asus RT-AC66U blocking traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Slycer

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I have a two computer setup and I can't get traffic through on one computer. Yesterday I replaced my TPLink 1043 router with a Asus AC66U one and have been had problems since.

One computer is connected wirelessly directly via the Asus router. The other, uses a TPlink WA5210G outdoor access point, which connects to the Asus router and feed the internet to my other PC.

The computer that connects directly to the Asus works fine. The other does not. I have different IPs for both Asus and TPlink, DHCP is running on both but with different IP ranges, I can even access the TPlink from my other computer via LAN which tells me that things are ok within my network. But for some reason I can't access the internet on that other computer [connected via TPlink]. The Asus router must be blocking access somehow.

The firewall on the Asus is turned off.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? It's driving me nuts. Everything worked before with the same settings, I think.

Thanks in advance.