What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U - Dual WAN with dedicated SSID's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Billd24

New Around Here
Hi,

Background:
I have been searching the net for a few weeks to help address this issue, but have not found any direct solutions. I have 2 ISP's coming to the house - I work from home, and must have the redundancy. I tried Shibby's Tomato, but had stability issues - took a while to recover the AC66U from a bricked flash, so I'd like to stay with Merlin's build if possible, I am currently running 380.57.

The Problem:
Due to stability issues with both ISP's, I need the ability to easily switch devices to a specific a ISP. I am currently configured with the Load Balanced dual wan. Using Failover, is not desirable as I can't use the idle bandwidth I am paying for. The Dual Wan routing rules requires me to change the config by device when issues occur - serious PIA ...

The Desired Solution:
I'd like to create 2 Guest SSIDs, that are dedicated to each ISP. i.e. I want to create SSID "A", that only routes to ISP A, and SSID "B" that only routes to ISP B. This way I can select the working ISP from the device(s) I am working on.

To add a degree of difficulty, I also have a RT-N66U as an AP the basement that I'd like to have the same functionality.

Any thought on how to do this?

Thanks ...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!