What's new

Asus RT-AC66U <-> Synology DS413 Wired speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

psychedelia

New Around Here
Hi! New to this forum, and it looks like a pleasant place. :)

So I just bought a Asus RT-AC66U to connect to my ISP's cable modem (DSL line). I've previously used a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND and while I think the wired speeds downloading from my NAS has been ok (about 70MB/s), I wasn't truly happy with the wireless speed (around 12MB/s). Now, connecting the AC66U in the same matter, replacing the TP-Link, the wireless speed has gone up (to about 22 MB/S), but to my surprise the wired speed has gone way down - transferring with around 33MB/s. I am basically downloading about 1GB files from my NAS to the Macbook Pro via the ethernet.

This came as a bit of a shock to me as I was expecting it to the very least perform the same as the TP-Link. Does anybody have any good ideas on why this could be?

My setup:

DS413 + Macbook Pro <-lan> AC66U <-wan-> Intelo DSL-router.

The only difference with this setup vs the old is the AC66U replacing the TP-LINK - same cables and configuration on the NAS. No QoS enabled. Both the Mac and the DS have static IPs. Same subnet, etc.
If there is any information I am missing, please let me know and I'll provide it.

Thanks in advance!

Stanley

PS! I'm using stock firmware

Last edited: