What's new

Asus RT-AC66U w/Merlin 386.3_2 showing extreme data consumption under WAN reception

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

forbish07

New Around Here
Hey all. Sorry if this has been asked before. I am BRAND new to the Merlin firmware and new to these forums. I just installed an Asus RT-AC66U B1 before my Orbi setup to be able to monitor traffic of my network. Works great, except I have shown, twice now, these weird blips in my "Internet Connection (WAN)" reception that say I am supposedly using 17,179,869,180.61GB of data in one fell swoop. The other instance was approximately the same value. This seems to only show under the "Global" section of the Traffic Monitor. Under the "Per Device" section and the Statistic side it seems to show just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on things I can look at to try and fix the weird spikes I am showing that are clearly not real?

Not sure the info you will need, but here is some-
Asus RT-AC66U B1 w most current firmware
Merlin- 386.3_2
WiFi is OFF on Asus wired to Orbi
Orbi is run in AP mode

Please let me know any other info you may need.

Like I said, I am COMPLETLY new to this setup so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• asus_usage.jpg
    asus_usage.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 125
Well-known issue on this model and a couple of others. Search the forum.

Vnstat-on-Merlin was initially created in response to this issue.

Thank you. I Searched around but couldn't find anything under the search terms I was using. Can you offer any search terms up for me to get me on my way? I will try Vnstat-on-Merlin to start.

I Searched around but couldn't find anything

Here, I've seen this. Read the whole thread, if you like. There is no fix available for now, unfortunately.

Okay, great. Thank you very much. At least now I know I didn't screw anything up when I set it all up. I will read through it.