What's new

Asus RT-AC68U asuswrt merlin 386.3-2. Warning from website. You must provide a Username (VPN client)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xlarge

Regular Contributor
After upgrading from a very old firm version I have some problems. I use also use OpenVPN 2 both on the remote (also asus RT-AC68U) and home server.

VPN client1 works OK, but my client2 (simular exept 1194 changed to 1197 give a warning in a little box as can be seen in my picture when I try Apply.

I thought "Username" here must be the Server address in the middle of the page, but that one is exactly the same as working in client1.

Please give me a hint or suggestion!

Attachments

• username.jpg
    username.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 226
That page seems to be missing some of the input fields. I suggest that you click the "Default" button at the bottom of the page, re-export the ovpn file from the server and then try re-importing it.

Thanks Colin. Worth a try. Just now I wait for help from a remote nabour to turn my remote VPN server ON.

I just found something: I have an old laptop I haven't used since last year. I logged in to the home router from it and the same Warning box asking for username for client2 occured also there. Therefore I almost sure it must be something on the remote router (older firmware asus 384.x.x) regarding server2 causing the problem, not on my home computer og client2 there. I still haven't been able to travel there or get help for a nabour - may be early next week.

Last edited:
I have the same problem until the las I update

Attachments

• E661ECC3-44AC-41B7-B650-E06BDCD9A816.jpeg
    E661ECC3-44AC-41B7-B650-E06BDCD9A816.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 126
My nabour just fixed the remote router for me. Now everything work OK both for client1 and client2 using OpenVPN GUI. The only thing which was a little strange, was that he found server2 ON, but I couldn't reach it. I asked him to set it off and apply and back to on add apply, and then it worked OK on client2. The server1 was Off (my own failure) and he set it ON and applied. I have logged in and out on both client and everything work fine. And no connection left when both logged out.

And, I think I have made a lot of trubbel using VPN client in my home router. Now both client1 and client2 are off and "I don't need them" because the OpenVPN Gui is doing the job.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!