What's new

Asus RT-AC68U asuswrt-merlin stop certain links

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xlarge

Regular Contributor
My broadband comes from a company named ice.no and as it is a wireless one with limit, I need to follow up nhow much I have used. This should be done (and worked last year) through this address https://minside.ice.no to https://minside.ice.no/innlogging?returnUrl=/. It take some seconds to come to the last page. The last link seems not working, but it I use mye mobil without accessing my wifi, it work well. All iphone, adroid, ipad and computers connected to my asus have problem with the lnk. A test by the nabour it worked OK. I have also tried cable (not wifi) with the same problem.

I have of course been in contact with the privider ice.no and they also ment thant it must be the asus router who caused the problem. They also told me that they use a javalike system called ECMAScript.

I use the latest firmware 384.13.

I have searched through everything on the asus menues and found nothing related to this problem.

I hope someone here can help me.

Last page (can't come further).jpg

after a while I come to next page.jpg

Thanks Tech9, but AiProtection from on to off, didn't help.

The reason I thougt I had the latest firmware is my setting "check for new firmaware..." No warning as it has been before. Something wrong?

Checking for new firmware says unable to connect to update server.

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 113
You'll need to manually flash the latest version of RMerlin firmware onto your router.

About | Asuswrt-Merlin

After you have successfully flashed the firmware, a full reset to factory defaults is highly recommended. Followed by a minimal and manual configuration of the router. Without using any saved backup config files.

You may find that your network behaves as you want after the upgrade to 386.5_2 final (or, 387.1 Alpha 1 if you're feeling lucky/adventurous). If it does, enjoy your good luck.

Test builds - OneDrive (live.com)

However, if the network starts exhibiting random bugs and glitches, (which a quick search doesn't yield any real fixes for), a full reset is in order, pronto. The links below may be helpful if you need more than the outlined process above of getting the router back to a good/known state.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Almost all L&LD Links

About L&LD

Something wrong?

Something is definitely wrong because even your AiProtection signature version was last updated in Nov 2019.

I'm not sure why you are running Asuswrt-Merlin on this router. I don't think you are using any of the extra features.

Thanks L&LD. I have already downloaded the latest firmware, but wait until next morning before install as the wifi is used by several in the evening (in Norway).
I understand the need of full reset, but as I use openvpn with serveral users a new client1 file will cause some problems. I also must take screen-copies of all my settings in the asus as I certainly must build them up again after the reset. Therefore I hope everything work fine with the new firmware and I can drop the reset.

Assuming the reset won't be needed when going from 384.xx to 386.xx (or 387.1 Alpha) is assuming a lot.

I hope you don't need to do it either. But don't waste time neglecting to do so if the network isn't working as expected (a lot has changed from 384.xx to today, including OpenVPN).

Run nvram get apps_wget_timeout via SSH session. It should return 30 (three, zero). If your router was hacked earlier, it might contain 3O (three, letter oh).

If so, you can temporarily fix it with
Code:
nvram set apps_wget_timeout=30
nvram commit
Then check for updates again.

Reference:

Hi dave14305. Interesting, I found the powershell prompt but it seems to be a conflict between english and my norwegian. the "login" ssh user@machine is unknown. I have checked that ssh is open on my computer.

Attachments

• ssh.jpg
    ssh.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Interesting

Interesting indeed. You had this router (or at least the same model router) on 386.3_2 firmware in Oct 2021.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but if the router is malware infected you have to reset it now.

Assuming the reset won't be needed when going from 384.xx to 386.xx (or 387.1 Alpha) is assuming a lot.

I hope you don't need to do it either. But don't waste time neglecting to do so if the network isn't working as expected (a lot has changed from 384.xx to today, including OpenVPN).
New firmware installed, but my lnk-problem is still unsolved. Reset next.

Interesting indeed. You had this router (or at least the same model router) on 386.3_2 firmware in Oct 2021.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but if the router is malware infected you have to reset it now.
I have two asus RT-AC68U. One home and one in my summer cottage. The last one is in question here. The old thread is about the other at home.

I struggle at lot with ssh.
I have been able to see that ssh is open and have opened the powershell, but sorry to say, I am a novice to the terms used for login and where it should bring me.
1. The example: ssh user@machine confuse me. If I want to test the asus router, what should "user" and "machine" be?
2. Is it correct to use the powershell?

The example: ssh user@machine confuse me. If I want to test the asus router, what should "user" and "machine" be?
User would be the username you use to login to the router GUI. Machine would be the IP or hostname you use. For example, ssh admin@router.asus.com or ssh admin@192.168.1.1

When prompted for the password, it would be the same password used for the GUI login. First, make sure SSH is enabled for only LAN access in the Administration/ System page of the GUI.

Thanks, dave14305. I got a bit futher, but no success. See warning.

Attachments

• ssh2.jpg
    ssh2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 88
  • lan only.jpg
    lan only.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 92
Tanks again. I'll wait with the factory reset.
After answer yes and ssh admin@192.168.1.1 I got the password: but I am not able to write the password - it seems that my keys are blocked. Nothing work. Have tried everything, restarted router etc.

Tanks again. I'll wait with the factory reset.
After answer yes and ssh admin@192.168.1.1 I got the password: but I am not able to write the password - it seems that my keys are blocked. Nothing work. Have tried everything, restarted router etc.
@xlarge ... It may look like its blocked -- ie. the cursor does not move when you type -- but trust me, it's capturing your keyboard input. You may not be using the right password.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!