What's new

Asus RT-AC68U disconnects wireless after sleep mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SCLUCAS

New Around Here
I have had this wireless router for about a month now. So far so good. Able to handle many devices with ease, which was not the case with my Linksys WRT54G2.

I do have one issue however which was not the case with my old Linksys WRT54G2. When I put my Dell Latitude (Win 7 32 bit) into Sleep Mode, and then reopen it, the wireless disconnects. I have to reconnect the wireless every single time. Most times I get a message indicating that there is an issue reconnecting the to the network. I have to run the Windows troubleshooting steps to reconnect. This typically resolves the connection after a few attempts. If I do a complete shutdown of the laptop, this issue does not happen. As mentioned, this was never an issue when I was using the old Linksys WRT54G2.

I did go to the Device Manager today, selected the Wireless adaptors and turned off the Power Saving option (Turned off "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power").

Seems to me though that this is something specific to this new Asus RT-AC68U router that was not the case with the previous Linksys WRT54G2.

Any experience with this or any suggestions?

Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!