What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U firmware release 3.0.0.4.385_10000-gd8ccd3c

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ran into the same thing, my ac68u hardwired node would disconnect all wireless clients after a while (less than a day) until node restart, disabling universal beamforming and airtime fairness didn’t help.
Trying downgrading the ac68u hardwired node to 45717, thanks!

View attachment 20429
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-version-3-0-0-4-384-81116.59170/#post-529660
So many times I can't access internet via Nodes even if all of devices are on the node clients list. NVRAM clear and changing any settings don't work. This is the ASUS firmware and hardware issues. ASUS AiMesh is a marketing tactic and a joke.
Tested: AC88U, AC1900P, AC86U, AC68U and more.
Use Netgear Orbi if you guys want to use a Mesh system. It's way better than ASUS AiMesh.

Last edited:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-version-3-0-0-4-384-81116.59170/#post-529660
So many times I can't access internet via Nodes even if all of devices are on the node clients list. NVRAM clear and changing any settings don't work. This is the ASUS firmware and hardware issues. ASUS AiMesh is a marketing tactic and a joke.
Tested: AC88U, AC1900P, AC86U, AC68U and more.
Use Netgear Orbi if you guys want to use a Mesh system. It's way better than ASUS AiMesh.

Asus Aimesh is the best feature ever created compared to wtfast that is added with banana republic host that adds 200 ping and they advertise it as "gaming router" (86U) where every firmware is broken and you internet drops other than 45717 . Asus spits into face of its most dedicated customers ( we buy most expensive routers ) and then laughs what a losers we are to buy from them. I wont make that mistake again never buy anything from asus especially router .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lucluke

My "obvious" solution was, after the upgrade to 10000, to do a factory reset (duh) on the node router first, then the main router, and no more disconnects!! ( see a later post from me.).

Also check previous posts on how to set a log_level parm to eliminate informational disconnect messages.

Tom
Which method did you use for factory reset? Did you flash the new version and then go into settings- administration - and do factory reset there through GUI, or a physical button combo on the router itself?

I am on 10000 and for the most part it seems to be stable but I do feel like there are some random disconnects that are almost unnoticeable. I still think I might want to factory reset on the latest version rather than rolling back or just leaving it.

I tried using both the app and the gui, and I kept getting "Temporarily unable to get the latest firmware information. Please try again later....so I did a manual firmware upload/update to this version, and yet I still get that message. I did *not* do a factory reset. Should I not get "there is no new firmware" or some such message? Is this a known issue? Thanks!

I tried using both the app and the gui, and I kept getting "Temporarily unable to get the latest firmware information. Please try again later....so I did a manual firmware upload/update to this version, and yet I still get that message. I did *not* do a factory reset. Should I not get "there is no new firmware" or some such message? Is this a known issue? Thanks!
When you hit Check:
upload_2020-1-16_17-53-41.png

In this case, because there is no new firmware, you get after a few seconds:
upload_2020-1-16_17-54-35.png

No, I don't get that. I only get ""Temporarily unable to get the latest firmware information. Please try again later" When I do "Check", I get "Signature Update Failed", (Next to Signature Version), and trying "Check" next to where it says "Check Update", gives the temp unable message.

firmware.png

Note, I was on the previous firmware, and was getting this message. I noticed that the only bit in the changelog for this latest update was "fixed firmware update issues". Haha. I did a manual update to this version, yet still get these errors...any ideas?

Note, I was on the previous firmware, and was getting this message. I noticed that the only bit in the changelog for this latest update was "fixed firmware update issues". Haha. I did a manual update to this version, yet still get these errors...any ideas?
Revert to factory defaults and manual configure the router again.

No, I don't get that. I only get ""Temporarily unable to get the latest firmware information. Please try again later" When I do "Check", I get "Signature Update Failed", (Next to Signature Version), and trying "Check" next to where it says "Check Update", gives the temp unable message.

View attachment 20893
Now I noticed you are using AiMesh.
Is that RT-AC68U the main router?
I believe to remember there is a specific sequence in updating AiMesh router firmware.