What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chrome 56 changed something in the way they render pages, causing this.

StatRep

I have gone 2 discontinuous days where i had to reboot the router every hour or so.
However I have gone contiguous several days without a Internet access failure.
That is I cannot prove there is a consistent problem with the firmware.
The only thing that is changing randomly is the Internet traffic.

Has ASUS acknowledged the issue? Are they working on a fix in the next FW release?

John

RTAC68U: updated to 7266 Thursday and my 300mbps internet is b/t 60-80. When I plug directly into modem it's 300 :( I even backdated firmware twice and same speed. Ubiquiti here I come!

Brian in Allen, TX

RTAC68U: updated to 7266 Thursday and my 300mbps internet is b/t 60-80. When I plug directly into modem it's 300 :( I even backdated firmware twice and same speed. Ubiquiti here I come!

Brian in Allen, TX
Did you factory reset after backdating firmware? What speeds and what firmware version were you using before upgrading to 7266? I had no problem attaining 940 Mbps on 3831 with my 68U. On 4164 I was seeing speed issues with flash based speed test sites when FA was enabled. I turn on traffic statistic to force FA off. With only CTF enabled my speeds were fine. I have not tested 7266 on the 68U.

Did you factory reset after backdating firmware? What speeds and what firmware version were you using before upgrading to 7266? I had no problem attaining 940 Mbps on 3831 with my 68U. On 4164 I was seeing speed issues with flash based speed test sites when FA was enabled. I turn on traffic statistic to force FA off. With only CTF enabled my speeds were fine. I have not tested 7266 on the 68U.
I actually have a RTAC68U & a RTAC68R. Original post was all about the U. I already had back flashed to 3831, after reading your reply I did a restore but same. I plugged in my R and restored to default without updating and back in the 200's! #chickendinner

Hi all, would like to confirm the bug re:internet outage - it stem from DHCP being unable to renew properly after expiry. I have reverted to 3.0.0.4.380_4164 and everything works fine again.

When things are working the Local ISP first gives a temporary 1hr DHCP allocation, once it expires it renews to a much longer 2 day lease. The bug in 3.0.0.4.380_7266 causes it to fail to renew... and whenever you restart WAN it only gives out the initial 1hr lease each time and never renews properly... causing outages. Hope this helps!

//edit// I take it back, issue still persists. Diagnosing without router in the way to make sure it's not the modem.

Last edited:
Also, "Administration - Feedback" never sends properly - you need to send the email manually. The error should be made more noticeable....

Can anyone confirm if you can go back and downgrade this routers firmware once you've installed the newest version?

Are you SURE? Lol. I have version 3.0.0.4.380.4180 installed now. Just wanting to be sure before I upgrade. Thanks!

You should be able to go back to 3.0.0.4.380.3264 which is the first version where they changed the verification method. I'll stick with Merlin's 380.65 though.

I have this issue too, since upgrading to 3.0.0.4.380_7266 my internet connection is lost. I'm looking to revert back to the earlier build.

I can confirm the disconnection issue. I had to revert to previous firmware. No need to redo config. Seems stable again.

Have a cable modem as well, a Compai. I suspect DHCP renew issue as well. Can it be mac address related? Reason is that i got a new ip from ISP everytime i rebooted the router. Usually i have the same ip for months.

I also noted scetchy wireless connection, weaker signal strenght? Might be unrelated, but the DHCP issue is very real.

After upgrading to v3.0.0.4.380_7266 I have lost WAN access about once a day or once in two days, and only way to get internet (WAN) back is to reboot the device. Older firmware version was working several months without need for a reboot. During the WAN blackout, I'm still able to connect to device by wifi (192.168.1.1) but internet connection fails.

Have not had any disconnects but I reset the router to defaults after upgrade then manually input all my setting again.

Just updated to this version a few days ago and did a factory reset afterwards.

I was having some odd performance issues with my android TV box... streaming videos in Kodi and downloading apps from the Google PlayStore were painfully slow. But browsing the net, watching Youtube or playing on my PS4, I had no issues. Ran a few speedtests on ookla and my speeds appeared to be fine.

I decided to unplug my modem and router for a few seconds last night, and everything appears to be normal now. Dunno if it's the firmware, a hiccup with my ISP, or perhaps my ISP throttling my internet.

Just thought I'd share my experience. Very odd that only certain apps had issues, and powering down everything for a few seconds appears to have fixed them.

I have taken the stand that if you do not know what you are doing don't do it.
The symptoms are consistently inconsistent.
I get periods of no issues interspersed with Internet access issues.
I have an Android phone setup to access the router and do a reboot when necessary.

I am not looking for an explanation. however, if I downgrade the FW
I will immediately find that an FW upgrade is available.
How do I tell if the FW Upgrade fixes the problem?

If the engineers were to ask I would gladly test an imminent FW release.

John