What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20287

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The complete release notes are:

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20287
Security fixed
- Fixed Smart Sync Stored XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks fo Guy Arazi's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-based buffer overflow

Bug fixed
- Fixed CTF related issues.
- Fixed client icon modification issue when client name includes special characters.
- Fixed error for new firmware available notification.
- Fixed AiMesh node shows offline in the GUI even it still connect to AiMesh router.
- Fixed AiMesh disappeared problem in some specific model name.
- Fixed LAN speed issue when clients connect to AiMesh node with the network cable.
- Fixed PPTP VPN server connection error.
- Fixed repeater/ media bridge side survry issues.
- Fixed AiMesh issues for special model name.

The router firmware checker did not find this new release yet.
I have installed the firmware manual over the previous version without reverting to Factory defaults.

The release notes are vague as usual, something seemed to have changed to the repeater / media bridge operation modes, hopefully those modes do work again.
A few further updates to AiMesh.

For those curious, the wireless drives is not changed since many firmware versions, still: Broadcom BCM4360 802.11 Wireless Controller 6.37.14.126 (r561982).

2.4ghz band on RT-AC68U aimesh node is showing WPS available, despite WPS being disabled on RT-AC5300 aimesh router. I tried enabling it, and disabling it again, still showing WPS available in android wifi network.

VuV7CKc.jpg

2.4ghz band on RT-AC68U aimesh node is showing WPS available, despite WPS being disabled on RT-AC5300 aimesh router. I tried enabling it, and disabling it again, still showing WPS available in android wifi network.
Maybe disable of WPS requires a reboot before it takes effect? Just a guess.[/QUOTE]

Hi guys. I've found some bug in this firmware - when you are opening the Administration -> Firmware update the router showing the update in progress all the time :(
Please check do you have the same.
FYI: performed dirty flash over 10007

Hi guys. I've found some bug in this firmware - when you are opening the Administration -> Firmware update the router showing the update in progress all the time :(
Same with this firmware release and the rt ac 5300.

Reboot and it goes away...i did the same thing...flashed right over 10007. A reboot fixed it

Ok, so the bug exists. Also got one more: any application that based on Google Firebase services can't connect the services :(

I confirm this issue, a reboot seems to fix it at least for some time, then it returns. I'll try to see if checking for a newer version triggers this odd behavior.

Is it necessary to re-do the tedious router-node connection process after flashing the new firmware? Any need to reset either side?

Clear browser cache and offline web content and user data (Firefox)

I hoped this would re-enable my 2.4G network. No dice. Still doesn't show. This is a really annoying bug -- although I'm happy it's not the 5G that's not working :-D

I hoped this would re-enable my 2.4G network. No dice. Still doesn't show. This is a really annoying bug -- although I'm happy it's not the 5G that's not working :-D
AFAIK, there's no issue with 2.4Ghz. So if you have a problem, its either a configuration or hardware issue. Plz describe your issue.

AFAIK, there's no issue with 2.4Ghz. So if you have a problem, its either a configuration or hardware issue. Plz describe your issue.
After I updated to prior firmware release, none of my devices see the 2.4G network. I've tried installing numerous previous firmwares, to no avail. The symptom is clear: At the very least, the 2.4G doesn't announce itself. However, I also tried to connect giving the name of the network manually; still didn't work. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thank you, Jens

After I updated to prior firmware release, none of my devices see the 2.4G network. I've tried installing numerous previous firmwares, to no avail. The symptom is clear: At the very least, the 2.4G doesn't announce itself. However, I also tried to connect giving the name of the network manually; still didn't work. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thank you, Jens
Have you tried changing the SSID name? Might be worth a shot.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!