What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20287

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have you tried changing the SSID name? Might be worth a shot.
Yep, worth a shot. However, no dice. It just doesn't turn on.

I did some research a week ago, it used to be a problem back in 2015-2016, people had to install old firmwares to fix it. It didn't fix it for me :-(

Thank you, Jens

I did some research a week ago, it used to be a problem back in 2015-2016, people had to install old firmwares to fix it. It didn't fix it for me :-(

Thank you, Jens
Darn. So the led is lit and your devices can’t find the the 2.4 network?

Thank you, Jens
Maybe if you took a screen-shot of your 2.4Ghz wireless and Professional settings, someone could spot your problem. Is this an old or used router?
Try this:
Save your current configuration.
Do an NVRAM reset. That should reset everything to defaults.
Power off & on. Let it boot - takes a couple minutes.
Scan with your phone - should see two ASUS SSIDs (IIRC ASUS and ASUS_5G).

If you see them, you'll know there's something wrong in your 2.4Ghz configs. You can either start your router set-up over or reload your saved config and search for the problem.

Maybe if you took a screen-shot of your 2.4Ghz wireless and Professional settings, someone could spot your problem. Is this an old or used router?
Try this:
Save your current configuration.
Do an NVRAM reset. That should reset everything to defaults.
Power off & on. Let it boot - takes a couple minutes.
Scan with your phone - should see two ASUS SSIDs (IIRC ASUS and ASUS_5G).

If you see them, you'll know there's something wrong in your 2.4Ghz configs. You can either start your router set-up over or reload your saved config and search for the problem.
I bought the router a couple of years ago I think. It's been very reliable until now.

I appreciate you suggestion with regard to reset and start over. I might just do that. I take it you mean initialize to factory default in the 'Restore/Save/Upload Setting' tab.

Pictures below:

upload_2018-1-27_16-36-30.png

and
upload_2018-1-27_16-37-37.png

Thank you, Jens

I bought the router a couple of years ago I think. It's been very reliable until now.

I appreciate you suggestion with regard to reset and start over. I might just do that. I take it you mean initialize to factory default in the 'Restore/Save/Upload Setting' tab.

Pictures below:

View attachment 11770
and
View attachment 11771

Thank you, Jens
Try disabling Universal Beamforming.

Thank you, Jens
By NVRAM reset, I mean:
  1. Power Off
  2. Hold the WPS button
  3. Power On and continue holding WPS
  4. After about 20 seconds, the power LED will flash
  5. Release and allow it to reboot. Wait till both WiFi lights come on.
Is there any chance someone flashed a different CFE? I see your Auto channel is 2. That seems odd - at least in the US.

Did 2.4Ghz ever work for you?

By NVRAM reset, I mean:
  1. Power Off
  2. Hold the WPS button
  3. Power On and continue holding WPS
  4. After about 20 seconds, the power LED will flash
  5. Release and allow it to reboot. Wait till both WiFi lights come on.
Is there any chance someone flashed a different CFE? I see your Auto channel is 2. That seems odd - at least in the US.

Did 2.4Ghz ever work for you?
No, I definitely flashed with the right firmware. Don't know about the channel not being 2 in the US - but I tried to set it manually to a lot of others, didn't change anything.

Thank you for the explanation on NVRAM reset!

Thank you, Jens

No, I definitely flashed with the right firmware. Don't know about the channel not being 2 in the US - but I tried to set it manually to a lot of others, didn't change anything.

Thank you for the explanation on NVRAM reset!

Thank you, Jens
1) Save configuration
2) NVRAM reset -- lo and behold, the 2.4G band shows up.
3) Load configuration -- the 2.4G band is still there!
4) Go figure.

Thank you so much everybody for helping me out on this -- it was driving me nuts.

Thank you, Jens

Hi all. So I have version 384_20287 running in my ac3100 (Mesh router) & ac1900 (node). Previous version is on my ac68u (node)... I have things up and running but now I am curious... Cannot connect to the nodes anymore redirects me to the mesh router. So how do you update the firmware in the future on the nodes? Or make specific changes on them (I had them set up as AP's before and weekly they would reboot once a day but now I would have to do this manually).

@Matt64. For all recent versions of AiMesh - when you tried to access a node thru the webui, you were redirected to the Router. So that's not new. To update the node's firmware, you can do it through the Router'sFirmware Upgrade for the selected node. Or you can do it directly via this url: (replacing xx.xx.xx.xx with the node's IP) xx.xx.xx.xx/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp

There's nothing on a Mesh node you can individually configure. It is all propagated from the router. Yeah, that sucks. But I guess it keeps idiots from screwing-up their network.

Note: since you have different hardware types for your router and node, be very careful to flash the correct file for each model.

Last edited:
@Matt64. For all recent versions of AiMesh - when you tried to access a node thru the webui, you were redirected to the Router. So that's not new. To update the node's firmware,. you can do it through the Router's update for the selected node. Or you can do it directly via this url: (replacing xx.xx.xx.xx with the node's IP) http://xx.xx.xx.xx/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp

There's nothing on a Mesh node you can individually configure. It is all propagated from the router. Yeah, that sucks. But I guess it keeps idiots from screwing-up they network.

Thanks for the reply. Great to know about the weblink, appreciate it. In the meantime, anyone who has similar concerns with regards to rebooting their node on a schedule... I have an always on home server so using task scheduler, a batch file and with the use of plink, I set it up.

Batch File Contents

c:\plink.exe -ssh yourusername@192.168.x.x -pw yourpassword -m c:\rebootnodes.txt

Text File Contents

//sbin/reboot

Thanks for the reply. Great to know about the weblink, appreciate it. In the meantime, anyone who has similar concerns with regards to rebooting their node on a schedule... I have an always on home server so using task scheduler, a batch file and with the use of plink, I set it up.

Batch File Contents

c:\plink.exe -ssh yourusername@192.168.x.x -pw yourpassword -m c:\rebootnodes.txt

Text File Contents

//sbin/reboot
Good to know. I guess we no longer have access to jffs scripting. I have some utility scripts I ran under Merlin.

@Matt64. For all recent versions of AiMesh - when you tried to access a node thru the webui, you were redirected to the Router. So that's not new. To update the node's firmware, you can do it through the Router'sFirmware Upgrade for the selected node. Or you can do it directly via this url: (replacing xx.xx.xx.xx with the node's IP) http://xx.xx.xx.xx/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp

There's nothing on a Mesh node you can individually configure. It is all propagated from the router. Yeah, that sucks. But I guess it keeps idiots from screwing-up their network.

Note: since you have different hardware types for your router and node, be very careful to flash the correct file for each model.

Also, @Ronald Schwerer can you expand on what you said regarding "you can do it through the Router'sFirmware Upgrade for the selected node"? I assume there will be an icon indicating their is an update available or do you know if we will now have to go to the support page for each node? I very much enjoyed how they all used to notify me. I did a manual upgrade yesterday on the 1900 and 3100 as it wasn't displaying. They had just released it I believe. Glad I got it though as on the initial release, I wasn't able to find any nodes from my 3100.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!