What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20287

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also, @Ronald Schwerer can you expand on what you said regarding "you can do it through the Router'sFirmware Upgrade for the selected node"? I assume there will be an icon indicating their is an update available or do you know if we will now have to go to the support page for each node? I very much enjoyed how they all used to notify me. I did a manual upgrade yesterday on the 1900 and 3100 as it wasn't displaying. They had just released it I believe. Glad I got it though as on the initial release, I wasn't able to find any nodes from my 3100.
I learned not to trust automatic firmware updates. I always manually d/l the file and unzip it on my PC. Then go to the Firmware Upgrade page in the webui and select "upload" for the appropriate component. It will walk you through it.
Or you could use the link I gave for AiMesh nodes. Or login via ssh and use mdt_write to flash the firmware. After you get the trx file on the router (use scp or put it on USB stick), use the command mtd-write2 {trxfilename} linux

Last edited:
I learned not to trust automatic firmware updates. I always manually d/l the file and unzip it on my PC. Then go to the Firmware Upgrade page in the webui and select "upload" for the appropriate component. It will walk you through it.

I havent been burned by it. yet. lol I usually watch for the icon that notifies of a new firmware and let it download it. Went manual yesterday.

I havent been burned by it. yet. lol I usually watch for the icon that notifies of a new firmware and let it download it. Went manual yesterday.
Actually I don't know how that will work going forward - you have both a 1900 and 3100 and each has a different firmware file. Mine are the same (2 x AC68P) so it doesn't matter. I admit, I haven't tried the non-manual method. Maybe it's smart enough to get the right images.

Actually I don't know how that will work going forward - you have both a 1900 and 3100 and each has a different firmware file. Mine are the same (2 x AC68P) so it doesn't matter. I admit, I haven't tried the non-manual method. Maybe it's smart enough to get the right images.

Yes. I think in the future, when I see that the firmware udate icon is showing up on the 3100, I will just got and manually download the firmware for them each individually. I presently have a 3100, 1900, and 68u. Looking at buying another 1900 for a 3rd node as I have a53u running as an AP still. It does't get a lot of usage but... much easier to have this mesh. Honestly, I don't care if there are bugs for a bit. Makes my life simpler.

I figured it out, at least for me. I only encounter the issue if I access the admin page thrugh the DDNS external IP. If it's accede usig the local IP address, the issue doesn't occur.
It's the same on both my individual setups:
- 3 x TM AC1900 converted to AC68U
- 1 x GT AC5300 as main + AC68U as node, unmodified.

Anyone else that can confirm?

Last edited:
I figured it out, at least for me. I only encounter the issue if I access the admin page thrugh the DDNS external IP. If it's accede usig the local IP address, the issue doesn't occur.
It's the same on both my individual setups:
- 3 x TM AC1900 converted to AC68U
- 1 x GT AC5300 as main + AC68U as node, unmodified.

Anyone else that can confirm?

I found the same bug, but a NVRAM reset and reboot and it hasnt been back since.

So I have 3 TM AC1900 converted to AC68U. I upgraded the AIMesh router first to the latest version (manual download, and upload). Before the upgrade, the 2 AIMesh nodes were not showing up on the router. After the upgrade of just the router alone, they were still not showing up. Then I upgraded each of the nodes remotely using the upgrade.asp link posted earlier. After the upgrade of each of the nodes, they started showing up. I did not reset any of the settings. Dirty upgrade on top of the 10007 version.

I found the same bug, but a NVRAM reset and reboot and it hasnt been back since.

Awesome! So no bug accessing the firmware upgrade menu, trough the ddns, after nvreset? The settings can just be imported or do I need to setup from scretch?

Thanks!

After NVRAM reset it first worked fine on my AC68P, but after I reset NVRAM on my TM-AC1900 converted AC68U and re-added it as an AIMesh node, the upgrade page broke again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!