What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U - New Firmware 3.0.0.4.385_20632 Released July 24, 2020

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Uptime: 7 days 2 hour(s) 55 minute(s) 8 seconds.
Which is the time after the firmware upgrade, no issues at all on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.

Also 2.4 has stabilized so maybe it was just after a reboot it was a bit unstable.

Also 2.4 has stabilized so maybe it was just after a reboot it was a bit unstable.
And you changed some settings, not?

Yes I have changed to channel 13 for 2.4 which seems under used.

So 7 days uptime around about DHCP renewal one speaker fell off the network with "due to inactivity" in log. It was in use at the time streaming audio.

So 7 days uptime around about DHCP renewal one speaker fell off the network with "due to inactivity" in log. It was in use at the time streaming audio.
Try these settings too:

Advanced Settings - Wireless - Professional - 2.4 GHz

• Modulation Scheme: Up to MCS 7 (802.11n)
  • Airtime Fairness: Disable
  • Universal Beamforming: Disable

Advanced Settings - Wireless - Professional - 5 GHz

Try these settings too:

Advanced Settings - Wireless - Professional - 2.4 GHz

• Modulation Scheme: Up to MCS 7 (802.11n)

Advanced Settings - Wireless - Professional - 5 GHz

Already got those settings in the Pro section.

Anyone having problems setting a new AIMesh network with 2 RT-AC68U routers on this firmware? 1 was a Tmobile, but I converted it by removing the appropriate files from the router. 1 is an actual ASUS. Both routers work fine as routers. I tried each one as the main router, and factory reset the other, but neither shows up on the main router. I tried dozens of times with each as the main router, but neither sees the other as an AIMesh node. Firmware on both: 3.0.0.4.385_20632, 2020/07/28. I factory reset 3 ways: reset button, WPS during power on, and via the web GUI. I'll roll back firmware if anyone knows which one works correctly for setting a new AIMesh.

1 was a Tmobile, but I converted it by removing the appropriate files from the router.

A modded router doesn't make it be a real one, and remains totally unsupported.