What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U unable to access QNAP S-653 Pro remotely

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Exactly the same issues for me with ac88u an a ts-253b. I registered a asuscomm.com ddns-adress and set up a open-vpn-connection (tap) an everythings works fine.

I have QNAP TS251+, and bought RT-86U a few days ago, install the Merlin but have a problem with Web connectivity.

WEB2.png
WEB1.png

My UPnP on Router is enabled.

So I added Port Forwarding, but still in the same way.

2018-12-02-19-39-36-ASUS-Wireless-Router-RT-AC86-U-Virtual-Server-Port-Forwarding.png

WEB1.png" alt="WEB1" border="0">

By default Asuswrt refuses to forward ports below 1024 through UPnP, for security reasons. This is configurable on the WAN page.

i'm trying to setup QVPN to access a QNAP nas from android mobile.

qvpn definitely detects the NAS fine (as the geo location ip correctly updates). but there is a problem when trying to connect, which it fails to do.

So it feels like the issue is a firewall problem?

Any tips for configuring the asus ac68u rt merlin settings for it?

I already port forwarded the port required for qbelt (UDP right?) also i check the credentials, everything seems to be entered correctly. but it can't connect.

All i can think of is maybe i entered the port forwarding wrongly?

I did not bother using UPNP for setting it up, since i don't consider it a safe feature to use, so i rather do it manually.

Any suggestions?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!