What's new

Asus RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.3 beta 2 not directing traffic through vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Propsurv

New Around Here
I have added a rule in VPN Director with iface OVPN1 , in VPN Client I have set DNS config to EXCLUSIVE and Redirect traffic to VPN Director (policy rules) but it does not direct traffic through the vpn for my Humax HDR-1100S Freesat box. Netflix still shows only my local content. Does anyone know if I need to change other settings?

I have added a rule in VPN Director with iface OVPN1 , in VPN Client I have set DNS config to EXCLUSIVE and Redirect traffic to VPN Director (policy rules) but it does not direct traffic through the vpn for my Humax HDR-1100S Freesat box. Netflix still shows only my local content. Does anyone know if I need to change other settings?
I found I could only get pushed DNS from VPN to work properly when I bypassed the PBR using force internet traffic through tunnel: yes, and then accept DNS set to exclusive. Using those settings do you get the expected DNS behaviour I wonder?

Thank you for your reply but but my tech knowledge is rather limited, how do I bypass the PBR? I should have mentioned the DNS is set is already EXCLUSIVE

Under 'force internet traffic through tunnel' can you not still set 'yes' as an option? When I did this on 386.2_6 the VPN pushed DNS worked properly. From memory it didn't work properly with the policy based routing stuff so I assume it would be same for VPN director.

For me with NordVPN to get Amazon prime content it was critical to use the pushed DNS from NordVPN. Else with other DNS prime would detect VPN and fail.