What's new

Beta ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware 9.0.0.4.382.52503 (02-02-2021)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks - that's useful to know - does that mean it'll definitely feature in the official firmware for the older AC87U as well?

If so, I presume I can go from 384.13_10 to 9.0.0.4.382.52503 by just doing a manual firmware update, and shouldn't lose all my settings?

Thanks - that's useful to know - does that mean it'll definitely feature in the official firmware for the older AC87U as well?

If so, I presume I can go from 384.13_10 to 9.0.0.4.382.52503 by just doing a manual firmware update, and shouldn't lose all my settings?

I figured you ask that... I don't have the AC87U but given its current beta release, I'd guess 'yes'... worth a shot.

Given that large of a jump in firmware versions, from Asuswrt-Merlin 384 to Asuswrt 386, I would install, reset (webUI Restore w/Initialize), and configure from scratch (lose all your settings).

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE

Thanks for the help - gave it a try this morning and successfully installed the Beta firmware, but unfortunately no option 61 so although it'll clone the MAC address of my Sky router, it won't connect without me putting the data in that field for it to see past the modem. Now back to the Merlin firmware and luckily I saved my config before trying this, so straightforward to go back to what I had :)

Time to shop for a new model, I feel.....

There is no option 61 in the GUI afaik. But it looks like asuswrt is useing udhcpc from busybox for dhcp.

The busybox doc says there exists a "-c,--clientid=CLIENTID Client identifier" argument. Question is how to get it into startup scripts.

Thanks for the help - gave it a try this morning and successfully installed the Beta firmware, but unfortunately no option 61 so although it'll clone the MAC address of my Sky router, it won't connect without me putting the data in that field for it to see past the modem. Now back to the Merlin firmware and luckily I saved my config before trying this, so straightforward to go back to what I had :)

Time to shop for a new model, I feel.....

Thanks for sharing your findings!

OE

I have been running on the stock beta (9.0.0.4.382_52503) for couple of weeks now and no issues to report. Looks like a daily driver for sure!

I wonder why it is taking so long before they make it (official).
It's an official release. I would flash it if I were you and if you are alarmed with the *beta* name, don't sweat it.

Backup your settings and if not satisfied, flash the original firmware and reload the settings. That simple. :)

Well i installed beta version it loses router webpage access after some time then i have yo reset everything to get webpage access

Well i installed beta version it loses router webpage access after some time then i have yo reset everything to get webpage access
Not quite sure why you'd be installing 382.52503 β when 382.52545 OEM release is (and has been for some time) available.

Sky

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!