What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mceres

New Around Here
Dont think new chip firmware its in this release.

Bug fixed
- Fixed Android phone tethering mode detecting issue in quick internet setup process.
- Fixed PPPoE related issue.
- Fixed client rename issue in network map.
- Fixed network tool issues.
- Fixed wake on lan issues.

Modification
- Added automatic standby mode for CE Ecodesign directive.

MD5: 345e0abf3f1ab0def7a92f2fda69a4b9
File Size 42.41 MBytesupdate 2017/02/14
Download from Global

Modification
- Added automatic standby mode for CE Ecodesign directive.

interesting

Went from 4180 to 7266 and it broke my air card rollover. Roll back to 4180 it started a reboot every 1 min or so. I had to setup from Scratch to make it work on 4180 again. Even though I had backed up the settings prior to upgrading even factory reset and restore of settings resulted in it rebooting.

Been up and running for almost 4 days. Happy to report that it has been the most stable version in a long time for me. I upgraded from Merlin .65 and all my iOS devices, computers, wireless printer, wireless camera and nest devices are working flawlessly for the first time. Fingers crossed that it will stay like this!

4180 is also been rock stable...for me work from release date to this release without any problems.
This version looks like good succesor 4180 :)

My RT-AC87U currently having issue, wireless on both 2.4G and 5G is unuseable. Im still not sure what is the root cause to this but few days ago I updated firmware to .7266 and around that time I'm facing the issue.
Wired connection still working fine so all my desktop and laptop good, but wireless devices unuseable (iPhone 6plus, 2 iPhone 6SPlus, Oneplus One, 2 iPad air, MacbookPro, and HP laptop (if connecting wirelessly).
I tried to ping from HP laptop and I got:
C:\Users\Andrew.Ostra\Shortcut>ping 192.168.1.1 -t

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=792ms TTL=64
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2836ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3333ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=96ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=3765ms TTL=64
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Pinging wired device looks good.

Troubleshoot so far, I tried doing the reset NVRAM and reconfigure no luck, re-install 1 firmware before latest (3.0.0.4.380.4180 ) seem I still face same issue as well.

Any advice what should I do/troubleshoot next? Sorry in advance if I post in wrong place, or if I should create new thread.

Thank you.

Edited: When I test ping, my laptop is just an arm length away from the router and has full signal strength.

My 87u work without any problems with this fw, both band work great.
Do You factory default ?
Other You can change wifi channel (maybe other wifi use this same channel and make interferences (last year i have similar problem)

It seems that the 7266 build is not stable from what i am seeing on other posts. Might be worth waiting a little bit longer on reports from other users and from Asus

Hi Vant, thank you for replying. Sorry missed to mention, yes I have checked the Wifi channel and picked the channel than has least interruption with other peoples' channel and on 5GHz since not many around me I picked the channel that has no same channel at all.
I did the reset NVRAM via SSH once before I did reset factory default twice, once after 7266 firmware and once after downgrading to 4180.
Currently using 4180, according to my wife wifi connection seem better after that (still very very slow, but at least not facing everything timing out).

Edit: Hi mceres, which other posts you have seen? Can you kindly direct me to the post. Thank you.

Hi Vant, thank you for replying. Sorry missed to mention, yes I have checked the Wifi channel and picked the channel than has least interruption with other peoples' channel and on 5GHz since not many around me I picked the channel that has no same channel at all.
I did the reset NVRAM via SSH once before I did reset factory default twice, once after 7266 firmware and once after downgrading to 4180.
Currently using 4180, according to my wife wifi connection seem better after that (still very very slow, but at least not facing everything timing out).

Edit: Hi mceres, which other posts you have seen? Can you kindly direct me to the post. Thank you.

If you end up trying this firmware again try disabling MU-MIMO. I had issues with a few of my devices that were connected via WiFi when it was enabled - which it was by default after a nvram erase (RT-AC5300 with 7266). After disabling MU-MIMO the devices are fine so far.

RMerlin also mentioned another setting to try here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ion-3-0-0-4-380-7266.37512/page-2#post-309586

Last edited:
If you end up trying this firmware again try disabling MU-MIMO. I had issues with a few of my devices that were connected via WiFi when it was enabled - which it was by default after a nvram erase (RT-AC5300 with 7266). After disabling MU-MIMO the devices are fine so far.

RMerlin also mentioned another setting to try here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ion-3-0-0-4-380-7266.37512/page-2#post-309586

Hi Mlippold, thank you for directing me to that post, yeah what was mentioned in that thread seem very identical of what I'm experiencing now. Even on this 4180. I start to think I want to downgrade 1 more to before 4180. I cannot find the MU-MIMO option on 4180 I guess that option only on 7266.

MU-MIMO is in WIFI/Proffesional tab/5GHz/

In 7266 MU-MIMO is still in beta, and default is disable. Yesterday install 7266 and so far so good.

I did a nvram erase and afterward MU-MIMO was enabled by default on my RT-AC5300. Maybe different models have different defaults.

Its a post from here the ASUS RT-AC68P Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266 BAD thread. And i believe i saw it in another thread as well mentioning that Asus is recommending some users to downgrade.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!