What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Its a post from here the ASUS RT-AC68P Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266 BAD thread. And i believe i saw it in another thread as well mentioning that Asus is recommending some users to downgrade.

Cool thank you Mceres, will look at those when I got home.

I have tried to downgrade to the first .380.xxxx patch and seem I still have the issue. I don't usually upgrade firmware unless I face issue so my previous firmware might be on .378.xxxx however I cannot downgrade to that, I tried to upload the 378.xxxx firmware and my router complaining (I can't remember exactly, i have to check later).

I also try 380.65 from the Merlin and I have the issue as well, I have not reset to factory default / reset NVRAM, I will try that later.

Thank you.

I did not a factory reset, I simply upgraded from version 3.0.0.4.378.9460 to 3.0.0.4.380.7266, and everything is ok.
IMO is a bad idea. latest fw have new wifi drivers and other new implementations, so factory default is needed.

Just to confirm that my router is working perfect with this firmware 7 days 20 hours and not a single connection drop or any kind of error.Cant believe they finally fixed it.

your choice.

IMO is a bad idea. latest fw have new wifi drivers and other new implementations, so factory default is needed.

New QNT driver?

I have been really busy at work, spent more time at work than home :(
Since I update to Merlin 380.65 i havent really experiment much but also still facing issues on my Wifi.
I tried on 5G wifi, took longer to connect even when I'm beside the router with excellent signal strength.
on 5G seem the speed is very fast but then every few minutes the Wifi seem suddenly gone, as if the router switched off the Wifi, then few minutes later it seem to turn back on.
Looking at the router interface I can't see anything wrong.

Since I update to Merlin 380.65 i havent really experiment much but also still facing issues on my Wifi.
I tried on 5G wifi, took longer to connect even when I'm beside the router with excellent signal strength.
on 5G seem the speed is very fast but then every few minutes the Wifi seem suddenly gone, as if the router switched off the Wifi, then few minutes later it seem to turn back on.

I had exactly the same problem with my AC87U from the day I purchased it. Occasionally connection froze, wireless didn't disconnect but at the same time router didn't respond to ping. I tried all available firmwares, even DD-WRT but the problem maintained. Finally I sent router to RMA and got it replaced, so far new one works.

I had exactly the same problem with my AC87U from the day I purchased it. Occasionally connection froze, wireless didn't disconnect but at the same time router didn't respond to ping. I tried all available firmwares, even DD-WRT but the problem maintained. Finally I sent router to RMA and got it replaced, so far new one works.

I had the feeling I will have to get new router :( I had this router for more than a year and was working flawlessly until now this issue.
Also I noticed sometimes it won't accept the password to the Wifi eventhough im very sure and checked it is the right password, it still throwing either incorrect password or could not join.

So far...

Attachments

• router432017.PNG
    router432017.PNG
    87.7 KB · Views: 619
Does this release fix the issue with WPS being enabled on the 5GHz band after each reboot, even though the setting is disabled in the UI? A temporary fix I found was to go and disable the 5GHz radio and enable it again after the reboot completes.

Hide SSID then WPS is also disabled.

Today my 87y unexpectedly restarts twice. Before this, work flawlessly more than 20days.

Not good :(

With .4180 fw i have uptime more than 60 days (i make first restart after update to .7266)

Hi AE86TruenoGTP,

How long distance about 5G wifi link distance??

Is your RT-AC87U and smart phone/laptop are different floor? Wall and obstacle will let 5G wifi low performance.

Or you can share router and smart phone/laptop position map??

There is a new update, has anyone installed it?
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7378 2017/03/31

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!