What's new

Asus RT-AC87U Slow wi-fi speed with connected hard drive.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DragonTier

New Around Here
Hello everyone. Sorry for my poor english. I have an asus RT-AC87U router, firmware is Merlin 380.69_2.
My notebook's wi-fi adapter is Intel AC8260. So problem is in low read\write speed through wi-fi with on connected hard drive with NTFS file system to the router ( about 30mb\s read and 20 mb\sec write), but with the stock firmware about 50 mb\sec on both sides (read and write) through wi - fi. Protocol is SMB. Also through LAN cable connected to notebook speed is high ( 60 mb\sec on both sides). This problem arrived only with Merlin firmware. Could anyone explain what's wrong with my router. Thank's in advance.

I am facing similar problem on Asus RT-AC5300

I have not been using USB drive for a long time, but yesterday i installed transmisjom on entware.
Then tried to copy my existing torrent taksa and movies onto USB drive (samsung t3 - SSD one) and experience very low transfer speeds: write 10 MB/s and read 25 MB/s. Via wire connection both arę 40 MB/s but it is still much less than obtained in The past.

Checking and uncheckin usb 3.0 interference option give No result.

I connected HDD drive (ntfs) and got The same results.