What's new

Asus RT-AC87U SSID for VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mattew69

New Around Here
Hello,

I have just ordered a new RT-AC87U. I am thinking i will be running merlin's custom release on it. (big props for that sir) It looks really good.

I am trying to run Private internet access on it using openvpn.

Overal goal is to have a wireless ssid that tunnels using the vpn. So i can just switch to a different ssid or switch the roku's to the ssid and all traffic is running over the vpn tunnel.

Now i have seen this link https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-me...or-VPN-and-SSID-for-Regular-ISP-using-OpenVPN.

It looks like this is pretty close to what i want to do.

However is there any way to do this using the web interface or do i have to putty in and do it? Or write the script out and copy it to the JFFS and have it load that way?

If there is a way to just have a "guest" ssid running that uses the tunnel or a way to assign the tunnel to the wireless vlan in the GUI that would be so cool.

This is my first time working with asus's or merlin's firmware.
I have some DD-WRT experience but i am slightly confused on this type of setup.

Any help would be awesome!!! Sorry for being such a noob!

There's the original thread about that wiki post here. It may be helpful, but I haven't tried it yet. There seems to be missing info in the wiki and the forum post has slightly different code.

I wish I could be more help as I am trying to do the same thing for my home. However, every time I search the forum I find questions and not answers. This is the 3rd thread I have come across with no answers. It makes me feel like I am using the wrong search terms or the answer is right in front of my face in the GUI and I am missing it.