What's new

Asus rt-ac88u lan port not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rt2016

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I do have trouble with my Asus Router seems one of the Lan port isn't working.

The actual software version 3.0.0.4.386_46065-ge51f2dc.

Any idea how I can come around that problem? I do have Zenwifi xt8 which is connected via LAN but continuously losing the network connection.

Looking forward if anybody would have a solution for that issue, would same problem appear on the rt-ax88u?

best regards
rt2016

Which port #s are you seeing issues on ?
What are the lights on each port doing when you plug a cable connected to a pc in the port
Have you tried other ports ?
have you replaced the cable temporarily with a known good cable ?

have you tried putting a 5 port gigabit unmanaged switch between the asus and the zen ?

I don't know of any issues with the RT-AX88U's ports, but I wouldn't trust using them based on all other Asus 8 Port router's experience from the forums here.

If you're using all the ports on the RT-AC88U, then you need an 8 Port switch to use only ports 1-4 (I'm assuming these don't have any issues, of course).

Ports 5-8 are known to be bad/flakey, eventually.

Don’t know the switch, worth a try. Unmanaged preferred, as no config options.

what ports are used on the asus ?
there are known issues with 5-8 as mentioned above.

connect the switch to port 1 on the router. plug all of the others into the switch.
work ?

If you're using all the ports on the RT-AC88U, then you need an 8 Port switch to use only ports 1-4 (I'm assuming these don't have any issues, of course).

Ports 5-8 are known to be bad/flakey, eventually.

Correct, port 5-8 randomly stop working from time to time. It is a known issue with the RT-AC88u. I had the same issue which eventually led to demoting the router to an access point.

Correct, port 5-8 randomly stop working from time to time. It is a known issue with the RT-AC88u. I had the same issue which eventually led to demoting the router to an access point.
indeed the problem occurs for several years and they don't fix it. :( It even happens on my aimesh setups with ac68u devices. -> lack of support by asus is most annoying.