What's new

ASUS RT-ACRH13 Router as AIMesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

esfu

Regular Contributor
Can the ASUS RT-ACRH13 Router be used as a AIMesh node ? I do not see any option in the firmware for AIMesh nor does a search for AIMesh nodes in ASUS router supporting AIMesh show ASUS RT-ACRH13 router even though ASUS RT-ACRH13 is connected as an access point to the network.

Can the ASUS RT-ACRH13 Router be used as a AIMesh node ? I do not see any option in the firmware for AIMesh nor does a search for AIMesh nodes in ASUS router supporting AIMesh show ASUS RT-ACRH13 router even though ASUS RT-ACRH13 is connected as an access point to the network.

The RT-ACRH13 does not list support for AiMesh, so it can not be used as an AiMesh node.

To add an AiMesh node to the root node configuration, reset its firmware first and do not configure it directly (it will no longer be in Access Point Mode then).

OE

The RT-ACRH13 does not list support for AiMesh, so it can not be used as an AiMesh node.

To add an AiMesh node to the root node configuration, reset its firmware first and do not configure it directly (it will no longer be in Access Point Mode then).

OE
Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.

Main Router is RT-AX92U AIMesh in AIMesh/Router mode and not Access Point mode.

RT-ACRH13 is in access point mode connected to one of the wall ethernet socket.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.

Main Router is RT-AX92U AIMesh in AIMesh/Router mode and not Access Point mode.

RT-ACRH13 is in access point mode connected to one of the wall ethernet socket.

IF the ACRH13 did support AiMesh, you would reset its firmware first before trying to add it as a node... it would then be in its default Router Mode at that time.... not Access Point Mode.

OE

IF the ACRH13 did support AiMesh, you would reset its firmware first before trying to add it as a node... it would then be in its default Router Mode at that time.... not Access Point Mod

IF the ACRH13 did support AiMesh, you would reset its firmware first before trying to add it as a node... it would then be in its default Router Mode at that time.... not Access Point Mode.

OE
I tried resetting the router, upgrading the firmware to the latest available for the ACRH13 and it still did not help. Search for AIMesh nodes does not find it.

ACRH13 is also not listed in the list of supported routers for AIMesh. Only if and when the firmware for the ACRH13 is updated in future to support AIMesh, will it work as a node I presume.

ACRH13 is also not listed in the list of supported routers for AIMesh. Only if and when the firmware for the ACRH13 is updated in future to support AIMesh, will it work as a node I presume.
I doubt the ACRH13 will ever support AiMesh. It's based on a different hardware platform and runs an obsolete branch of the firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!