What's new

Asus RT-AX3000 and Samsung Phones - "connected without internet" issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

micaaronfl56

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus RT-AX3000 and a few Samsung Phones 2- S22, S21. I always had a random problem with the error - "connected without internet". I would usually just disconnect from the wireless and then reconnect. As of yesterday, all but 1 of my Samsung phones are getting the same error and disconnecting and rebooting is not working. The only phone wifi working right now is an old Samsung S5 my daughter uses. All other wireless and wired devices are acting fine - google home, IP cameras etc....

I made no changes to the router settings or the phone settings and I'm not aware of any phone upgrades. I have the latest Asus firmware I even tried reverting to an older version but the issue remains.

Someone said to try merlin but I'm skeptical as the last upgrade for RT-AX3000 was in 2020.

Any help would be more than appreciated

did you set at phones in your wi-fi settings MAC address type as Phone MAC, do not use Randomized MAC if you for example are using Wirelesses MAC filter for example.

First, upgrade your firmware: https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...rt-ax3000/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX3000

Next do a factory reset and initialize and manually reconfigure the router. Leave the WIFI settings at default and use a simple SSID (8 to 10 letters and or numbers only, no spaces or special characters)
Hi bbunge,

I would really love to stay away from a factory reset as it took me a bit to configure the router. I do have the latest firmware and my Samsung phones work fine on other wifi networks. Really looking for a fix that doesn't involve a hard reset.

did you set at phones in your wi-fi settings MAC address type as Phone MAC, do not use Randomized MAC if you for example are using Wirelesses MAC filter for example.
Hi adoni

I think I tried that but will try again in a few hours when I'm home.

Experiencing a persistent "connected without internet" issue between my Asus RT-AX3000 router and Samsung phones. Despite being connected, there's no internet access. Tried troubleshooting without success. Seeking advice or solutions to resolve this connectivity issue. Appreciate any insights or recommendations.
Have you tried turning off "agile multiband" as I said? It solved it for me.

Have you tried turning off "agile multiband" as I said? It solved it for me.
You are responding to a spammer 😉

I do not understand you 🤷‍♂️
That member responded to multiple threads earlier today claiming to have the same problem as the thread title. These posts were clearly AI generated, and probably designed to be ready for them to come back later and add a dodgy link.
You notice that post has now gone? The member is also gone.

That member responded to multiple threads earlier today claiming to have the same problem as the thread title. These posts were clearly AI generated, and probably designed to be ready for them to come back later and add a dodgy link.
You notice that post has now gone? The member is also gone.
🙏 I'm sorry. I didn't notice that. Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!