What's new

Asus RT-AX55 (kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dirtybit

New Around Here
Hello,

This weekend my internet stared acting up... keeps going up and down several times... this usually happens around 19.00 last couple of hours....
Called my ISP this morning and they basically said "i cant see any problems from our end, but i see you have a 3rd party router, maybe thats the problem....."

So i logged into the web GUI and looked at the logs maybe the logs gave me a hint.. tbh i dont dont know that much when it comes to wireless and networking... but i see my system log is spammed with this:

Mar 28 19:49:00 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:00 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:04 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:04 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:08 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:08 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:12 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:12 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:16 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:16 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:20 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:20 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:24 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:24 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:28 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization
Mar 28 19:49:28 kernel: CSIMON: M2M usr already registered ...
Mar 28 19:49:32 kernel: CSIMON: CSIMON[1.1.0] Initialization

can this have anything to do with my connection problems? i dunno if this is something that came with the last firmware update or what? i was so stupid to clear the log :/ but from what i saw in the log it has spammed these 2 lines over and over for days..

can any1 help me with this?

regards,

I had the same trouble, I think that "CSIMON" is = to "S-CSI Monitor". It should be the monitor for the drives attached to the usb ports.
CSIMON has nothing to do with USB drives. It's part of the wireless modules wl.ko and dhd.ko.

CSIMON has nothing to do with USB drives. It's part of the wireless modules wl.ko and dhd.ko.
Ok, deleted my post because I have another router RT-AX86U.
However, I had the same CSIMON "M2M usr already registered" message. It disappeared after deleting "minidlna" folders on both usb hard drives, don't know why.

On my AX86Pro, I get this message every minute or so if USB3 is active; if I switch to USB2 mode, the message goes away; if I switch back the messages start again. I wonder if somehow this is dealing with 2.4ghz interaction.

On my AX86Pro, I get this message every minute or so if USB3 is active; if I switch to USB2 mode, the message goes away; if I switch back the messages start again. I wonder if somehow this is dealing with 2.4ghz interaction.
You should only see those messages when the wireless is starting or restarting. Perhaps USB3 mode is creating so much interference on 2.4GHz that it's causing the Wi-Fi module to crash. Do you have your 2.4GHz band on auto channel? Maybe that's somehow related.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!