What's new

Asus RT-AX56U Custom Firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

Just wondering if the RT-AX56U has any custom firmwares other than Merlin, because there are some features that merlin doesn't have but some others do such as a guest portal that requires you to login into a website to get network for example that would be cool to have or like and FTP server that gets you access to the files of the router which i think merlin had before but its gone same thing with the game mode on the router it disappeared aswell also getting a lot of connectivity issues when like going further the network just drops

No.

(To both 'any other firmware' and to run-on sentences that I had to read a few times to decipher). :)

What firmware do you have running now? Have you fully reset the router and formatted the JFFS partition properly/fully? Then, configure the router minimally and manually (M&M Config, see my signature for the link) to secure it and connect to your ISP?

No.

(To both 'any other firmware' and to run-on sentences that I had to read a few times to decipher). :)

What firmware do you have running now? Have you fully reset the router and formatted the JFFS partition properly/fully? Then, configure the router minimally and manually (M&M Config, see my signature for the link) to secure it and connect to your ISP?
Running Merlin 386.1_beta1 and no its not the firmware ive used 384 before this current one and same issues nad yes ive reset the firmware and formatted and also followed M&M Config same issues. connection is fine inside but when i go outside it logs out of the network. its still in the list but just wont login sometimes get in but gets out randomly

So when you leave your home, the Wi-Fi connection drops? :D

Then it's your Wi-Fi environment and/or the materials used in your home.

Did you try using a new, never before used SSID? 8 alphanumeric characters long, with no spaces, smiley faces, or other special characters? Is the password sixteen characters long with the same characteristics?

Then it's your Wi-Fi environment and/or the materials used in your home.

Did you try using a new, never before used SSID? 8 alphanumeric characters long, with no spaces, smiley faces, or other special characters? Is the password sixteen characters long with the same characteristics?
same password and SSID used before on 68U and zero issues and no i didnt transfer the settings i did everything fresh

Have you tried to turn off Roaming Assistant in wireless settings?

I may be wrong but I think the ax56u is a bit of a step backwards in wifi compared to the ac68u.

Screenshot 2020-12-15 142813.jpg

Last edited:
In Wi-Fi? No. As a router? Yes.

AX is still better than AC.

I may be wrong but I think the ax56u is a bit of a step backwards in wifi compared to the ac68u.

View attachment 28525

They all have MIMO technology - it's inherent to AC/AX.

Dropping to 2 stream instead of 3 shouldn't make a notable difference for the majority of users, since almost all mobile devices are only dual stream anyway. It might reduce diversity a bit.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!