What's new

Release Asus RT-AX58U Firmware 3.0.0.4.386.43406

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Where did you find this firmware ? Not showing on the official site.

EDIT: Found it. Strange no mention of the fragattack fix. I will stay away from this one its got a security issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDIT: Found it. Strange no mention of the fragattack fix. I will stay away from this one its got a security issue.
Fragattack fix was added in version 3.0.0.4.386.42095.

ASUS must not like Windows 10 64bit. I'm holding up a finger.

So why different file sizes?

ASUS firmware.jpg

Fragattack fix was added in version 3.0.0.4.386.42095.

No it was not. The dnsmasq issue was fixed not fragattack. Merlins code is based on 42095 and he just patched fragattack days ago. Either Asus didn't mention the fix in the changelog or it's not fixed leaving this new version open to a security threat. I will stick with Merlin's patched firmware.

No it was not. The dnsmasq issue was fixed not fragattack. Merlins code is based on 42095 and he just patched fragattack days ago. Either Asus didn't mention the fix in the changelog or it's not fixed leaving this new version open to a security threat. I will stick with Merlin's patched firmware.
Maybe you are right, but this fix is actually mentioned in the changelog on ASUS website for 42095.

Maybe you are right, but this fix is actually mentioned in the changelog on ASUS website for 42095.

I looked at he change log for 42095 see nothing of fragattack fix.

ersion 3.0.0.4.386.42095
2021/03/09 68.91 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42095
- Fixed DoS vulnerability. Thanks for Tsinghua University NISL's contribution.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed GUI bugs.
- Security Fixed: CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686

Another question: There must be some major changes from 42095 to 43406. The sizes are different in size ( 68.91MB vs 51.32MB ) AND there is a change in the naming convention in the latest filename ( puresqubi.w ) :rolleyes:

W

Noticed the size difference. I see they added password strength meter when you first configure after a reset. Other then that don't see much difference, seems to work ok. I am going back to Merlin today just wanted to try out the new Asus and see how it worked.

I notice a new (to me anyway) "auto upgrade firmware" on/off switch in the firmware upgrade page. I'll stick to manual upgrades...

Gonna install this firmware version and hope for the best.

FragAtt_AXrt.jpg

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!