What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22237 — 90.6 MB — 2023/01/11 (date is back!)

1. Supported WireGuard VPN server and client.
2. Supported VPN fusion. It can easily achieve VPN connection to network devices like Smart TV, Game consoles and without installing the VPN client software.
3. Supported new devices connection notification.
4. Supported connection diagnostic on the ASUS router app.
5. Supported Instant Guard 2.0 which helps easily invite family or friends to join the VPN connection.
6. Upgraded parental control and added reward, new scheduler for flexible setting
7. Fixed USB icon issue in port status.
8. Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability. Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean.
9. Fixed status page HTML vulnerability. Thanks to David Ward.
10. Fixed CVE-2018-1160. Thanks to Steven Sroba.
11. Fixed cfg_server security issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: cae183e7cb66cb79af55dc6295be2fe1

Download

I have this router as a node connected to my ax86u. I'm relieved both of them now are on the 388 firmware.

Can't change to this firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22237 from rmerlin 388.2_alpha1-g0372e21e53

Can't change to this firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22237 from rmerlin 388.2_alpha1-g0372e21e53
Revert to 3.0.0.4_386_45898, and then upgrade to 3.0.0.4.388.22237.

This comment was included with the notes for v3.0.0.4.386.47029:

*Due to core software module upgrade, if you wanna to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.

I have reverted to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 prior to installing a newer Asus baseline release from a Merlin release ever since.

Isn't this router the same as the AX3000 ? Why do we have separate topic on the same firmware?

The AX58U was a Best Buy exclusive model IIRC. I notice now all they have is the AX3000. No idea if there is any hardware difference between them.

I have one as an AP to our AX86U.

sam

The AX58U was a Best Buy exclusive model IIRC. I notice now all they have is the AX3000. No idea if there is any hardware difference between them.

sam
No hardware difference — the firmware images are interchangeable.

sam
I bought mine from the UAE amazon store and it was the AX58U. from what I understand the router was named AX58U when it first launched then the naming was switched to AX3000 for whatever reason.

I have run 388.22237 for 15 days now and the AX58U is completely stable, after the upgrade also activated strikt dns-over-tls (cloudflare + google) and no problems.

So far after 15 days this is the best official firmware i have tried so far.

The features i use on my AX58U is:

AiProtection
Adaptive QoS (Streaming, Surfing, Other, Games, Work-From-Home, Learn-From-Home, Filetransfer)
Traffic Analysis - Statistics
UPnP Media server, Samba Network Share
WiFi WPA2/WPA3, MAC Filter, AX, MU-MIMO
Symmetric NAT
DNS-Over-TLS (cloudflare + google)
DDNS
NAT Passthrough disabled (all of them)
OpenVPN Server

I have two of these, one as firewall/router and one as a mesh device. Shortly after upgrading to 22237 I started having problems staying connected with wi-fi devices. They would connect and disconnect repeatedly switching back and forth between 5G cell and WiFi. Had to revert back to 49674 which is as stable as anything I have had with this device.

I have two of these, one as firewall/router and one as a mesh device. Shortly after upgrading to 22237 I started having problems staying connected with wi-fi devices. They would connect and disconnect repeatedly switching back and forth between 5G cell and WiFi. Had to revert back to 49674 which is as stable as anything I have had with this device.
I had some ideas about resurrecting my old ac68u as a mesh device on the ax58u but now i think i wait until mesh is fixed.

Sorry to bring this up here, but I just can't seem to set up Wireguard on my Asus RT AX3000/58U router despite having the latest Merlin Firmware. Please how can I set it up? OpenVPN set up is simple and easy, but the Wirguard set up remains a mystery.

Thanks.

Sorry to bring this up here, but I just can't seem to set up Wireguard on my Asus RT AX3000/58U router despite having the latest Merlin Firmware. Please how can I set it up? OpenVPN set up is simple and easy, but the Wirguard set up remains a mystery.

Thanks.

The subject of this thread is as noted. You should start a new thread/discussion about your unrelated issue using Asuswrt-Merlin.

OE