What's new

ASUS RT-AX58U Settings for AdGuard Home (via Raspberry Pi 4)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You could try

They only appear with conditional forwarding
As @Vexira said, only with Conditional Forwarding enable on the Pihole, then all names show.

I should have mentioned I'm still on stock Asus firmware. I believe Merlin's has the additional name under DHCP which is why I don't get client names on AGH with stock Asus firmware.

I know it's not AGH as I only recently upgraded to RT-AX88U from a RT-N18U which ran FreshTomato and with that the client names were showing fine in AGH.

Meaning to upgrade FW to Merlin when current beta goes stable, but then I've been saying that since January

You could try

I have used that site before, but I haven't in a while - thanks for supplying that link!

However, what should I be looking at to verify that a leak isn't present? I.E.; My IP address is different than my DNS on that website - does that mean I have a leak? Mind you, I am using a VPN Client on the Router along with AdGuard Home on a Pi.

Your IP address should be the same as your VPN, DNS should be what you have set in your PI(adGuard) Which DNS servers are you using? S0 you should have two different numbers(IP) and (DNS)
If you didn't have adguard and were just using a VPN, then both VPN and DNS should be the same number

Last edited:
Your IP address should be the same as your VPN, DNS should be what you have set in your PI(adGuard) Which DNS servers are you using? S0 you should have two different numbers(IP) and (DNS)
If you didn't have adguard and were just using a VPN, then both VPN and DNS should be the same number

I am currently using AdGuard Home on a Pi and using the OpenVPN Client (forcing all Clients through that tunnel) on the ASUS Router itself.

When using that IP Leak Test website, my IP Address is different from my DNS...

Within the last 30 mins, I changed the setting in the "VPN > VPN Client > Network Settings" that states "Accept DNS Configuration" from "Exclusive" to "Disabled" since I do not want to use the VPN's DNS. BUT, when I do the DNS Leak Check, I now see 6 different DNS IP's including a few that look like IPv6 IP's which should not happen since I have IPv6 disabled. Not sure what's going on.

Is this the correct configuration?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!