What's new

ASUS RT-AX68U vs XD6 (no Mesh)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smedley

Regular Contributor
A friend needs a standalone (no mesh required) AX class router for a work from home situation.

Which of these Wi-Fi 6 routers would be the most stable and which would have the best performance? Only the 5GHz band will be used.

I understand the AX68U has a dual core 1.8GHz processor with 3x3 external antenna, while the XD6 has a 3-core 1.5GHz processor with 4x4 internal antenna.

Is the AX68U more of a mainstream router for ASUS? Would it get more frequent firmware updates for a longer duration?

Thanks!

A friend needs a standalone (no mesh required) AX class router for a work from home situation.

Which of these Wi-Fi 6 routers would be the most stable and which would have the best performance? Only the 5GHz band will be used.

I understand the AX68U has a dual core 1.8GHz processor with 3x3 external antenna, while the XD6 has a 3-core 1.5GHz processor with 4x4 internal antenna.

Is the AX68U more of a mainstream router for ASUS? Would it get more frequent firmware updates for a longer duration?

Thanks!

Consider the AX86U. And how I would install it or similar.

OE