What's new

Asus RT-AX82U Gaming issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jiraiya

New Around Here
So i bought the Asus RT-AX82U thinking I'll be getting something better than my TP-Link Archer C7, and boy what a massive disappointment.
So my router is setup with split 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, as the 5Ghz frequency is quite free from interference.
In all there are about at most 12 clients running together, no downloading. I'm having issues playing online games, the ping spikes continuously on both my PS4.
If I'm playing and and my son turns on his PS4 it literally sends the ping to the sky.
Now my connection is 450mbs download and 20mbps upload, so it's quite sufficient for 2 PS4s to play online games at the same time.
I thought it might be a QOS issue, I tried the adaptive QOS, traditional QOS, turning the gaming mode on and set the PS4 to be on highest priority, turned the QOS off, port forwarded the ports, tried numerous 5Ghz channels, but nothing solves the issue.
Other streaming services don't suffer at all, 2.4Ghz is quite erratic so using it is not a good idea.
Thought it might be the ISP, but replacing the router with the TP-Link solved the issue. No ping issues at all, and it's all set to it's default settings.
Anyone has any ideas what the issue could be, or have any troubleshooting suggestions before I dump this brand new Asus in the bin?