What's new

ASUS rt-ax86u question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

airlung

Regular Contributor
Hi , in the wireless system log, under “mubf”, all my iPhone 13 are listed “no” Does this need all my iPhone 13 do not support mubf or mu mimo? Thx

Attachments

• 8F1A5C9A-4093-443C-96D1-54AA554F4966.jpeg
    8F1A5C9A-4093-443C-96D1-54AA554F4966.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 76
  • B0263722-986F-48E0-8331-7FD8BF5ADF2C.jpeg
    B0263722-986F-48E0-8331-7FD8BF5ADF2C.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 75
Apple? Probably.

MU-MIMO and Beamforming are doing little to none in home environment and with moving around mobile clients. Apple knows this and doesn't bother implementing features with no practical use advantages. MU-MIMO works to limited number of devices only by cutting the number of streams to each device in an attempt to serve a few at the same time. With relatively small number of active clients on a home network it has no measurable positive effect on aggregate throughput. Perhaps only @thiggins can see differences in synthetic tests using special Wi-Fi testing equipment and with multiple similar specs clients. It's used mostly for marketing purposes in home routers. Don't worry too much about it.

Thx, but I checked that iPhone is compatible with mu mimo. Regardless of the little benefits, I just like to know that there is no compatibility with my devices. Any ideas how to activate it?

Optional feature used for data transmission increased reliability or range, but comes with throughput penalty. I don't even know if Asus routers support it.

I think Asus router supports it, it is in my wireless system log.. I am just surprised that the Samsung q80r tv with cheap Wi-Fi adapters have “yes” indicated on both STBC and MUBF, the IPhone 13 have “No” indicated on both…

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!