What's new

Asus RT-AX86U: Weekly router Reboot and uptime from the Router App

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

I remember on my old RT-AC5300 I had to schedule a reboot once a week to keep the router stable and running smooth. With the new RT-AX86U is this still necessary? What is your experience, can you you keep it running longer without a reboot?

Where in the Asus Router App can I get the Uptime information? I know in the web app is in the System Log section, but I don't see that section in the App.

Thank you

I've never needed to reboot my RT-AX86U or any of my previous Asus routers to keep them stable. If you did perhaps it was something specific to that model or your setup.

There is no uptime display. People have commented about this before. I tend to look at the Client List or Wireless Log and find the client with the longest connection time. In my case that's the same as the uptime because I have some clients that connect on startup and never disconnect.

Where in the Asus Router App can I get the Uptime information?
Don't know about APP.

Router side:
TOOLS: bottom of first section, temperature is last

I wasn't commenting about the APP (which I've never used). I thought you were referring to the "Tools" menu in the web interface. That's a Merlin-only feature.

Well I would think once the APP sees the router, even if you switched to RMerlin, that the menu would appear in the same fashion but since I'm not an APP user...

You can still login like Desktop with phone or pad so I thought you meant APP side of the equation.

I didn't see the OP was on stock and I thought YOU were implying that the APP only worked with stock, that's what I thought you meant.

He's not posted this question in the Merlin forum and when I looked through his past posts they were all about stock firmware. I therefore assumed he is still using stock firmware.

Well it's not in the AX section either and that's the unit in question, not the old AC unit.

So kinda hard to figure without System Specs listed, like the 3 other people here.

Well it's not in the AX section either and that's the unit in question, not the old AC unit.

So kinda hard to figure without System Specs listed, like the 3 other people here.
For anyone trying to follow along, I just moved this thread to the AX subforum.

Well it's not in the AX section either..
It was actually. He created a duplicate thread there a few minutes after creating the one in the AC section (I flagged it for the moderators and they've just deleted it and moved this thread).

The app works with Asus or Merlin.
From what I've read the Asus app may "work" for the common components in each firmware. But things unique to the Merlin firmware like the Tools Menu or VPN Director aren't supported.

Last edited:
It was actually. He created a duplicate thread there a few minutes after creating the one in the AC section (I flagged it for the moderators and they've just deleted it and moved this thread).

From what I've read the Asus app may "work" for the common components in each firmware. But things unique to the Merlin firmware like the Tools Menu or VPN Director aren't supported.

Are we still going with the premise that the OP is on stock for certain?

Glad you're willing to chase his info in other sections.

Yes, I am on stock, sorry for the double posting, I realized later I had posted in the wrong one

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!