What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U - 1Gbits Internet not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes that's what I thought and think ... but hey you never know :D a faulty cable can sometimes be harmful.

Exactly - I have search another converters but same thing. Maybe wait when I change my network topology for 10/40 Gbps one day :D

If you use the HH3000 you have abit more options as you can remove the gpon module and put it in your own equipment. The HH4000 has a 10gbps lan port on it so that would allow you to connect a switch to it aswell. For those on the 1.5Gbps packages on bell that is what they do to get all their speed. There is huge thread on dsl reports for this.

If you use the HH3000 you have abit more options as you can remove the gpon module and put it in your own equipment. The HH4000 has a 10gbps lan port on it so that would allow you to connect a switch to it aswell. For those on the 1.5Gbps packages on bell that is what they do to get all their speed. There is huge thread on dsl reports for this.

Yep I know this forum i'm active on it too :D you can maybe see my post on Bell lol :p

My goal is to buy a new switch with SFP 10G or maybe waiting a new Asus to be supported by @RMerlin with the SFP port :)

Is there a SFP 10G switch or with a 10G port that offers 802.3ad that I could use to connect to an Asus router using the WAN aggregation?

To clarify, it isn't an issue with the Merlin firmware, it is simply the capability of the CPU to process the overhead and the maximum throughput the single enet port is capable of with everything going on. If you add a script or two, or a watchdog service like Skynet, throughput will drop further. The CPU is maxing out on the single enet channel IO. Bond a second channel, second enet I/O and the CPU can 'breathe' easier.
I use a single Ethernet cat 7 cable and get almost 2.0 gbps, aggregation is not needed.

I use a single Ethernet cat 7 cable and get almost 2.0 gbps, aggregation is not needed.
Interesting.. What Asus router are you using? Is it running any scripts? What modem are you using? What is your ISP bandwidth pipe? I've got to get me some...

Interesting.. What Asus router are you using? Is it running any scripts? What modem are you using? What is your ISP bandwidth pipe? I've got to get me some...
Well I am using an rt-ax88u pro

Rogers provided me with Xb7 cable modem

The cat 7 cleared up a lot of instability.

Rogers says up to 1.5, but I’m getting way more than that.

I run a few scripts. Mostly speed tests. By the way. The speed test are bang-on with the rogers technicians test using the latest hardware device.

Last edited:
Instead of next RT-AX88U Pro, use real APs (Omada, Unifi, Zyxel, Cisco etc.) - AX are $100-150 each.
I'm curious. And like to learn. Can you suggest a model of a real AP so I can read about it. Thanks

Lol I sending all the
Ac86u and ax86u unit back to them…

I’ve had a trouble ticket in since March.

They know the ac86u and ax86u can’t handle 2Gbps as per the specs. Big fight coming.

The RT-AC86U was never marketed as such.

The RT-AX86U can handle either WAN or LAN at those speeds (theoretically).

I don't think you have even a slim chance of 'winning' this.