What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware 388.1 Time zone and DST setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

B255ea006

Regular Contributor
Hi, @RMerlin ,

i do have an ASUS RT-AX88U with the ASUSwrt-Merlin Firmware 388.1 and i want to correctly set up the time because i have issues and want to collect and mainly create correct and read and searchable logs but without a precise and correct time setting the incorrect timestamp of the logs are making it impossible to gather precise and detailed data from the logs.

Please view my attachment/ screenshot.

I do have questions regarding the correct data i do have to set for the DST time zone changes starts and ends.
I do not understand how it works. Like for months you can choose between 1 and 12 which makes sense but then for weeks & days you am limited to 1st and 5th which i do not make sense to me. What does 1st - 5th stand for? And why cannot i choose between 1st an 31th like the days of a months.

Already i do know that the DST time zone changes start should set to 26.03.2023 at 02:00 a.m.
and
the DST time zone chnages ends should be 29.10.2023 at 03:00 a.m.

The problem is that i do understand which would be the correct data to setup. I simply do not get the current available options.

Could someone please help me out?

I am very thankful for problem solving advice.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot (50-1).png
    Screenshot (50-1).png
    167.8 KB · Views: 141
Hi, @RMerlin ,

i do have an ASUS RT-AX88U with the ASUSwrt-Merlin Firmware 388.1 and i want to correctly set up the time because i have issues and want to collect and mainly create correct and read and searchable logs but without a precise and correct time setting the incorrect timestamp of the logs are making it impossible to gather precise and detailed data from the logs.

Please view my attachment/ screenshot.

I do have questions regarding the correct data i do have to set for the DST time zone changes starts and ends.
I do not understand how it works. Like for months you can choose between 1 and 12 which makes sense but then for weeks & days you am limited to 1st and 5th which i do not make sense to me. What does 1st - 5th stand for? And why cannot i choose between 1st an 31th like the days of a months.

Already i do know that the DST time zone changes start should set to 26.03.2023 at 02:00 a.m.
and
the DST time zone chnages ends should be 29.10.2023 at 03:00 a.m.

The problem is that i do understand which would be the correct data to setup. I simply do not get the current available options.

Could someone please help me out?

I am very thankful for problem solving advice.

Regards
Welcome to the forum.

This may help?

Hi and thanks @Treadler

i have positively checked the suggested page but there is still an issue with the firmware and the page only shows a date of the 4th and 5th of a month but it is not possible to select a specific date above the 5th of a month and i have to set up the 26.03.2023 and the 29.10.2023. I am missing the rest of the days of a month. I cannot work with only the 1st to the 5th, i do need the 26th and 29th as option but there is non. Or how do i set up my specific date?

What should i input?

What do you say @RMerlin

Regards

Set these according to the weekday of the month. In the UK (bst) we use the last Sunday of March and the last Sunday of October so we set the 5th Sunday for both settings. The 5th is used because sometimes there's 5 Sundays in a month, which will automatically reduce itself to the 4th if there's only 4.
So it's not Sunday the 5th, it's the 5th Sunday.
I hope that makes sense.

Hi and thanks @Treadler

i have positively checked the suggested page but there is still an issue with the firmware and the page only shows a date of the 4th and 5th of a month but it is not possible to select a specific date above the 5th of a month and i have to set up the 26.03.2023 and the 29.10.2023. I am missing the rest of the days of a month. I cannot work with only the 1st to the 5th, i do need the 26th and 29th as option but there is non. Or how do i set up my specific date?

What should i input?

What do you say @RMerlin

Regards
So, 26/3/2023 = 4th Sunday
29/10/2023 = 5th Sunday.

If you set March to the 5th Sunday it'll always follow the rules - it'll reduce to the 4th Sunday in March as there isn't a 5th that year.

Last edited:
Hi @Treadler @Ripshod

i now get it. Much thanks. :p

But now i have a further issue (view attachment) because the router ist still showing that "* Daylight saving time is enabled in this time zone." which is false.

How do i correct that? :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot (51-1).png
    Screenshot (51-1).png
    271.9 KB · Views: 142
That's normal. It's there to remind you that you don't need to manually change the time in March and October.
I presume the log is showing the correct time?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Hi @Treadler @Ripshod

i now get it. Much thanks. :p

But now i have a further issue (view attachment) because the router ist still showing that "* Daylight saving time is enabled in this time zone." which is false.

How do i correct that? :confused:
So long as your ’system time’ is showing the correct time, you should be good to go.:)

Set these according to the weekday of the month. In the UK (bst) we use the last Sunday of March and the last Sunday of October so we set the 5th Sunday for both settings. The 5th is used because sometimes there's 5 Sundays in a month, which will automatically reduce itself to the 4th if there's only 4.
So it's not Sunday the 5th, it's the 5th Sunday.
I hope that makes sense.

Pheww thank you for search function. I had my router clock an hour ahead, and I thought we've changed to BST.

Does this setting needs to be adjusted each year because of different Sundays count?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!