What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42819

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How far do you go, before you start seeing these effects.

Wifi Anaylzer shows approx 3m~.

The only thing that seperates me from router is 1 concrete wall.

Wifi Anaylzer shows approx 3m~.

The only thing that seperates me from router is 1 concrete wall.
Concrete wall is responsible for your problem, 5 ghz signal have much harder time passing through concrete wall. A single wall will reduce signal strength by 25 to 30 dbm for 5 ghz, less signal = less speed.

Last edited:
I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.386_42819, and hard reset everything and re-setup manually. It is up for 1 Day 20 hour. All looks normal, but Dual wan load balancing seems not working properly.

This is my setup:
Main router: AX88U 3.0.0.4.386_42819
AiMesh node: AX92U 9.0.0.4.386_41994 Ethernet backdual
WAN1 in WAN port: 120Mbps Cable from one company (the best I can get from my area :) )
WAN2 in LAN1 port: 50Mbps ASL from another company

It did not load balance to WAN2 after some time. I directly connected to WAN2 modem and confirmed WAN2 can go to Internet. It was good in earlier version AX88U 9.0.0.4.386_41994

WAN1
wan1.PNG

WAN2
wan2.PNG

Last edited:
I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.386_42819, and hard reset everything and re-setup manually. It is up for 1 Day 20 hour. All looks normal, but Dual wan load balancing seems not working properly.

Historically speaking, Dual WAN has never worked so far and will NEVER work in future. That is due to sheer incompetence from Asus Firmware team.

You have to get something like QNAP QHora-301W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MQT9ZCX/?tag=snbforums-20

The issue with QHora is that it is so new and firmware is still missing IPv6. But my friend states that Load Balancing is working on that very well.

Last edited:
After few days of tryings, the WiFI speeds are defiantly lower.
I do not intend to reset everything because of them.

Revert back and hopefully next FW will be better.
Cheers

What do they mean by Fix WAN connection issues? Did they finally fix PPPOe unreliability problem along with it?
I would also like to know details about what was fixed in regards to the WAN connection issue.

Likewise, I'd like more details on the AI Mesh fixes. Is Guest 1 now usable over AI Mesh?

Historically speaking, Dual WAN has never worked so far and will NEVER work in future. That is due to sheer incompetence from Asus Firmware team.

You have to get something like QNAP QHora-301W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MQT9ZCX/?tag=snbforums-20

The issue with QHora is that it is so new and firmware is still missing IPv6. But my friend states that Load Balancing is working on that very well.
After running for 2-3 days, it is getting stable, and works like previous version.

In generally, I think Dual-wan load balancing in ASUSWRT is Ok. It supports my basic use cases.

I just flashed to this version and will report back if anything weird happens.

Version 3.0.0.4.386.42820. Is out.

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42820
- Fixed IoT devices connection issues

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!