What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20558 (2022/09/21)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Good afternoon people ! I own an rt-ax88u, and am having some issues with this newer firmware. I notice that internet browsing and page loading is very slow , the speed test fails to run , the test results list is suddenly erased , last week I saw many connection drops and browsing slowdowns . I would like to know if there is more Has anyone had any of these problems. thanks,

the speed test fails to run , the test results list is suddenly erased

The same on AX86U with latest 388_21709 firmware. Speed Test is not working properly.

Good afternoon people ! I own an rt-ax88u, and am having some issues with this newer firmware. I notice that internet browsing and page loading is very slow , the speed test fails to run , the test results list is suddenly erased , last week I saw many connection drops and browsing slowdowns . I would like to know if there is more Has anyone had any of these problems. thanks,
Try manually selecting a test site from the drop down. My AX86U speed test does not like the "default." Also disable DNSSEC if it is enabled.

Try manually selecting a test site from the drop down. My AX86U speed test does not like the "default." Also disable DNSSEC if it is enabled.
Thanks for answering friend! Another issue I forgot to mention is that sometimes when I click on the list to manually select the list is empty. I don't think it's the hardware of the router because when I go back to the previous firmware it eases the slowness problems. the speed test error happens less often,

With dual wan enabled I can no longer access the router with my web browser but the phone app works fine.

The same on AX86U with latest 388_21709 firmware. Speed Test is not working properly.
That version hasn't made it to rt-ax88u yet. I believe the error is a firmware compatibility issue with the ookla website. because the information is loaded from the website and not on the router page

I believe the error is a firmware compatibility issue with the ookla website.

No matter where the issue is the firmware was released with it and the user has no way to fix.

With dual wan enabled I can no longer access the router with my web browser

From WAN or LAN? If from WAN - you need something updating DDNS faster on WAN IP change.

No matter where the issue is the firmware was released with it and the user has no way to fix.

From WAN or LAN? If from WAN - you need something updating DDNS faster on WAN IP change.
Good Morning ! Yes...you're right, I hope a new firmware is released to fix this bug.

There are more serious bugs to be fixed. We are all waiting for better firmware releases.

You can test and verify if the same firewall bug is present in RT-AX88U current firmware as well.

I stopped using router.asus.com and switched to the ip address and it lets me through again. Edge and FF don't have that issue.

I just wanted to add that dual wan is working great so far with this firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!