What's new

Asus RT-AX88U Log Item: "Tunnel built successfully"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

choover

New Around Here
Hello, my internet dropped for maybe 30 seconds (wifi, lan, all of it "paused") and then came back up on it's own. Weird because usually when this happens I need to reboot both my routers. Anyways, I got this line on the network log that I've never seen before, and google search + SNB search came up with nothing. Any ideas on what it is? Running stock/updated firmware for Asus RT-AX88U.

Aug 26 09:37:06 aaews[13720]: Tunnel built successfully.

I think that's a fairly normal message at startup. It's something to do with Amazon Alexa support I believe.

Hello, my internet dropped for maybe 30 seconds (wifi, lan, all of it "paused") and then came back up on it's own. Weird because usually when this happens I need to reboot both my routers. Anyways, I got this line on the network log that I've never seen before, and google search + SNB search came up with nothing. Any ideas on what it is? Running stock/updated firmware for Asus RT-AX88U.

If you are running the new ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20499 firmware, look in VPN/VPN Fusion and you will see that the default connection is listed there. It looks like a "tunnel" but isn't. It is just the way Asus set up VPN Fusion. I have worked a bit with VPN Fusion and have set up a PPTP tunnel to a VPN provider and limited specific clients to that tunnel with the rest of the LAN clients using the default connection.
Therefore your "new" log message is normal (whatever normal is...)

I saw the same message on my ET-12. I got it to appear twice and both times was when I had just connected with the app. Perhaps it's the Asus app creating an SSH type tunnel?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!